Monday, February 21, 2011

Another weekend

I'm not sure why but these weekends just seem to fly by!

Friday night we had our Community Babysitting night at church.  We didn't have a huge group but we had several families from church drop their kids off so they could have a date and there were 2 families from the community that saw our advertising and each of them brought 2 kids each.  The kids were soooo good and the girls were a great help in keeping them entertained.  I think we made some great contact with the new families and everything went really smoothly.  I actually went and picked up Benjamin to bring him there since there wasn't an overwhelming amount of kids.  That gave Peter about 3 hours to veg and work on his bookshelf, he doesn't often get "alone time" on a Friday night so I'm glad that worked out!

Saturday we had a lazy morning.  Peter worked on the bookshelf and I started repainting our stair banisters, window frames and front door.  Last time we painted we didn't use a semi-gloss and it needed to be redone.  I have a lot of work to get everything redone but it'll get finished slowly.  Our bookshelf is starting to look great, it'll be soooo weird to have something in that spot that has always been "the weird niche."

 don't worry he didn't drink any, but he thought he was hilarious sucking on the top!
 giggles between a father and a son on a Saturday morning!
Peter put Benjamin on his horse and then played a cartoon version of the Lone Ranger on youtube.  Funny stuff!

We also took Benjamin to McDonalds in the afternoon for some playtime (because his naps were pretty much non-existent)  Anyone else have their kids go off "routine" when Daddy is home on Saturdays??  Anyway, we split a milkshake and he played for awhile so it was fun.

 Benjamin is not crazy about sweets but ate a bite or two of a chocolate milkshake
 look Mom, I'm at the top!
 this little boy looooooves to climb
so sweet!

We worked some more in the evening and watched the first half of Masterpiece Theater's Jane Eyre via Netflix.

Sunday morning was church of course.  I had stopped by Rite Aid beforehand though because we needed gas and I wanted to get the free Johnson & Johnson baby products.  I must have got there at 8:04 right after they opened but there were already 2 other moms in the aisle scooping up stuff.  It was crazy!  I had no idea that people really got there right when the store opened on the first day of the sale.  I just happened to be out to get gas and knew I wouldn't have time later.  Craziness.  I got some great stuff essentially for free so that was awesome.  Benjamin was looking mighty handsome for church this morning!

 playing with the little piece of wood Daddy gave him
 so serious but so handsome
 Dear Benjamin, stop growing up.  Love, Mom
 this picture makes me want to go wake him up from his nap and hug him.  Well....almost!
 adorable
 another tooth is popping through to add to his super cute smile
Oh, Benjamin Daniel, I am so crazy about you

After church we ate a quick lunch at home and put Ben down for a nap.  I wasn't feeling too hot so I vegged while Peter worked more on the bookshelf.  Wouldn't you know, little guy slept 4 HOURS!!!  He woke up for 5 minutes after 2 hours had passed and I thought he was done with his nap.....nope, he rolled over and slept for 2 more hours.  INSANE.  He was fussy when he woke up though because one of his top teeth is popping through so we gave him some tylenol and that helped.  We went and ate KFC buffet for dinner which is super close to our house, played with little man, gave him a bath and watched him walk around upstairs like a champ.  Then I decided to cut Peter's hair....I'm not even close to doing it right but it sure beats paying $15 right??  Then we watched the rest of our Jane Eyre and called it a night.

Peter's working pretty much all day and all night tonight.  OH JOY.  Especially when you don't feel good.  But I"ll manage.  We're going back to our parents house this weekend so we're super excited!!  I have a TON of laundry to do and my house needs straightening but I have zero motivation.  Not even a mite of motivation.  Oh well, maybe the coffee will help?  I doubt it.

I'm so late getting Benjamin's 12 month post up but I'll try to do that sometime today maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...