Monday, February 14, 2011

Some loooong days

This past week was full of some long days.  Good days, but long days.

Monday:  Babysat our friend's 3 children, Benjamin had a blast with his friends over!
Tuesday:  Normal day of household stuff, but we saw very little of Daddy since he worked until 7:45pm
Wednesday:  Daddy came home on time (5pm) but Mommy was busy most of the day cooking for her small group, running errands and well, Benjamin is an active one year old!
Thursday:  Peter went into work super early, wasn't able to come home for lunch, came home just before I had to leave for worship team practice but at least he was home for a bit in the evening.
Friday:  Peter couldn't come to Benjamin's doctor appointment so I took him by myself, no lunch break for Peter, and he wasn't able to come home until 8:30pm.  And I cooked a lot for some church activities.

That left a lot of evenings spent between Mama and Benjamin.  Especially when he decided that he didn't want to take great naps this week, go figure right?  That being said though, I seriously loved my evenings with him.  They were long because it's exhausting chasing around a crazy little boy, fighting with lightsabers, building towers, wrestling, playing football, etc....but there is something so amazing about receiving a genuine laugh and genuine smile from your child.  Nothing like it.

I worked hard to cook a bunch on Friday for potlucks and pie socials so we could have a free Saturday morning/afternoon to spend together.  Benjamin slept until 9 on Saturday!!!  What is with this child sleeping that late on a Saturday?  So Peter made breakfast again and we made a pie together for our church's pie social.  I had never made a pie and neither had Peter.  It definitely wasn't beautiful but it sure was tasty!!


We went to the Gap Outlet because we had 2 Buy One Get One Free coupons!!!  Peter got a couple shirts and I got a pair of jeans and khakis that were really needed.  Oh, and my amazing hubby also treated me to a 50 minute massage in Salem.  I hadn't been in so long that I was given their introductory rate and it was awesome to relax and enjoy the bliss of a massage for an amazing price.

Here's a few random pictures from the rest of the weekend:

 I had made a cake for Peter on Friday night, but thanks to his help putting it together this is what it looked like.  Pretty much the ugliest cake EVER.  But it tasted great!
 little boy fell asleep with Floppy on top of his head, love it!
 Yep, yep I love him
 Benjamin LOVES to have lightsaber fights....I think he's learned from his friends Elijah and Micah!
 I gave him a little cake after dinner yesterday....he didn't want it.  But he was ECSTATIC about the little baby cheetos I gave him.  Right now, he doesn't really like sweets.....I'm beginning to wonder if he's mine!
I may or may not have had a piece of pie and a piece of cake yesterday.  Weekend calories don't count right?
 he's pretty much a ladies man
just a little Praise baby time before bed....I just want to kiss him!

And, I know today is Valentine's Day.  We're not doing anything really special because we're going away for a night in early March, but I still like that there's a day I can especially celebrate my husband.
Peter, I love you the mostest.  I'm so proud of how hard you work....I have to brag on my hubby for a bit because he's been in charge of a big project at work and has now successfully implemented wireless internet services at all of the various schools in our town.  SO PROUD of you sweetheart.
You make me laugh when you shimmy, you have the most loving and strong arms, you love Jesus and His Word, you eat my food without complaining, you let me have the remote, you always drop me off at Wal-Mart when it's raining, you have a really cute bum (sorry if that's TMI) and you are the most amazing Daddy.  I absolutely love how our little boy loves you.
So yeah, you're pretty much amazing and I love being your wife.  Mmmmppphhh!


1 comment:

  1. You write the sweetest posts! So I gave you an award:
    http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=5811896058715874418&postID=238183536185590540

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...