Monday, February 14, 2011

Assertiveness

I think someone is teaching my child things behind my back.
Because today my ONE year old decided to be very assertive.

Dinnertime:  He ate great as usual but wouldn't finish his spaghetti.  We tried to get him to take more bites but he yelled clear as day "All done!"  That's the clearest he has ever said that.  We died laughing.

Pajama time:  He was NOT wanting his pajamas put on.  He was so mad he was almost blowing spit bubbles of madness (yes, I made up that term)  Oh, why could my child not have received my temper.

Bedtime:  He drank some milk then pushed it away.  And whined until he could wiggle his way out of my arms.  He did not want Daddy to pick him up, he wanted to crawl into the hallway to escape.  He cried when he was caught and cried when he was put into his crib after his song.  And he's just now going to sleep almost 45 minutes after being put down.

Suddenly my one year old has found some independence and he's learning to be, shall we say....assertive?

He may look cute in pictures (well, cause he is) but he is going to be a handful!!!!

 recognize the shirt Anita? :-)




 don't try to look innocent Mr. Benjamin! :-)

 no Benjamin, tell us how you really feel!
yes, this picture proves that my son is discovering he has an opinion that needs to be shared.  Oh mercy.

1 comment:

  1. Woops! http://allensgonavy.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-gots-me-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...