Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Past few days

It's been a busy but great last couple of days, but it didn't leave much time to post until now.

Friday:
It was a normal day, just enjoyed playing with my ONE YEAR OLD.  I still can't believe he's 1 now.

 we brought his slide inside so he could play on it during the winter....he looooves it
 okay Benjamin, stop looking like such a big boy, mama doesn't like it
 this picture is the reason why the bean bag is at the end of the slide....sometimes his feet get caught underneath him on the way down.  Don't worry though.....he LOVES it when he hits the beanbag, he thinks its hilarious.  I have a little daredevil on my hands.
see?  He loves the beanbag.

Friday night Peter and Benjamin went to work on a computer for a lady in our church while I went to our Girls Night youth group.  It was Sports and Nutrition night so we had a lady talk about eating healthy and then we played volleyball.  It was a bit of a smaller group but it was still really fun.  I was really encouraged because one of the girls really seems to be seeking for things in her life and I was excited to talk to her more about her need for Jesus in her life.  It was a bit of a late night so we crashed shortly after I got home.

Saturday:
Benjamin slept until 10:10am.  Yes, he slept until 10:00!!!!  I couldn't believe it.  Peter and I woke up at 8 and it was the first time in a long time I actually really wanted to get up in the morning because I felt refreshed.  We made waffles and enjoyed getting a few things done in the morning before he woke up.  I was busy getting some decorations together for a friend's baby shower that afternoon.  There was no real theme but we used bright primary colors and decorated with toy cars and things since she was having a boy.  I took Benjamin to the shower with me and he did great, taking a short 35 minute nap while we were there.  I was really pleased he was so good since we were there from 1-4.  He came home and napped from 4:30 until 6:30 when I had to wake him up.....can we say growth spurt???  Peter worked from 12:30 until about 5:45 so the day went by quickly.  That night we just played around and gave Benjamin his first "big boy" bath in our tub.  He was a bit unsure for about 10 seconds then quickly loved it.






Sunday:
Sunday morning was spent at church, it's been a great sermon series and Peter and I are really enjoying it.  After church we switched cars with our friends and took their mini-van because we were babysitting their kiddos overnight.  Benjamin was loving having Elijah, Haddie and Micah over.  We all ate a quick lunch at home so we could get the 2 youngest down for a nap.  They both napped 2 hours and then we headed to Chuck E. Cheese!!!!  Of course, when I tried to take a picture of us there my memory card was in my computer at home.  DUH.  Oh well, it was a great time!!  4 kids at Chuck E. Cheese is definitely a super fun workout.  Came home and got the kiddos to bed and we vegged for an hour before going to sleep ourselves.

Monday:
We woke up and got Elijah ready for school.  I made waffles and we all ate breakfast and played together.  Benjamin napped great in the morning and I did laundry and cooked dinner while he slept and the kids played with Play-Doh.  We had lunch, then during the afternoon nap Haddie and I painted nails and watched a Princess movie.  We picked Elijah up from school then played at McDonalds for almost an hour.  My son is SUCH a climber.  He climbed the entire playstructure ON. HIS. OWN.  No fear, no second guessing.  Just climbing.  I was of course, a few steps behind him but he didn't need me.  It was his first time in the playland and I think we're going to have a McDonalds playland junkie on our hands, ha :-)
We came home and did homework, and did crazy dances in the living room while dinner cooked.  Jeremy and Kristen came home just before dinner and we enjoyed catching up with them while we ate, we were so glad they had a great time.  We gave Benjamin a bath, I ran to Rite Aid really quick(maybe more on that later?) and Peter and I ate the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cheesecake our friends brought back for us.  Um, yeah, THANK YOU, it was amazing. 
It was busy having 4 kids but it went so amazingly well, everyone was really good and I had a blast.

Tuesday:
Just played with little man this morning and now he's napping so I'm blogging.  And thinking about that cheesecake from last night.  Hmmm, maybe we should go to Portland tonight....Cheesecake Factory anyone?
Better go before this little cutie wakes up :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...