Thursday, February 17, 2011

Randomness

This post is called Randomness because well, it's random and I'm too tired to think of anything clever.

*  Today I made a big ol' pot of vegetable beef soup for my friend who just had a baby boy last week (he was 4 weeks early)  I also made some chocolate chip cookies and sent frozen peaches from this summer and sweet Hawaiian bread.  I'm a huge advocate of bringing food to new mommies because it was heaven to have meals brought to me after having Benjamin and you're just so tired, sore, yada yada yada.  And oh my goodness, their little boy is soooo precious.  I wanted to steal him.

*  Yesterday, a young man whose family attends our church, overdosed for the third time.  My friend and I went to be with his sister and mom at the hospital and today Peter went with our pastor to take this gentleman to a Christian shelter where he can make decisions about his rehabilitation.  It is so hard to see the sin of this world grab hold of someone you care about, and I feel more burdened then ever to pray for the young people in our church and to encourage them to draw near to the Lord.

*  Tomorrow is our Girl's Night Community Babysitting Event.  I'm super excited.  It's been a bit of prep work but we're going to have some fun activities for the kids and we're going to have a packet of information sharing the Gospel, a cute bunch of verses to memorize as a family for a week, tips for handling conflict in marriage and a few other things.  I know we're having at least one family coming who most likely doesn't know Jesus and I'm loving that we'll be able to share Christ in this way to them!

*  Benjamin whined a lot today.  I was very glad to have bedtime so I didn't have to hear him whine.  Don't get me wrong, I love him like crazy, but the whine gets old sometimes.

*  Benjamin has been taking short morning naps and long afternoon naps.  I don's think he's transitioning out of no morning naps yet, but I think I've just been super busy with things that his schedule's been a bit ruffled.  After his long 3 hour naps though he has a hard time going to sleep later that night even with a bit later bedtime.  We just laugh because he's seriously crazy and goes around with tons of energy like a madman.

 just looking cute in his new pj's.....ready for bed right?
 that's what I think of going to bed Mama!
 I think that instead of bed, I want to play
 and crawl around every square inch of my crib
 what did you say Mom?  It's time to wind down now??
 HAHAHAHAHA, I have yet to begin my craziness.
 See?  I've started a new game called "let's chuck my Floppy's out of my crib as fast as I can so Mama has to get them back for me everytime."  Fabulous game!
 "My parents are my servants!  BWA HA HA HA.....I drop the dogs, and they pick them up like good peasants!"
What's that Mama?  Oh, okay....so you're not to be referred to as "my peasants."
 But could you please get me some milk peasant, I mean Daddy....all this craziness has made me thirsty
(and yes, he jumped the entire time he was drinking)
 I just gots so much energy, I can't help but JUMP and SQUEAL and LAUGH
 and wrestle poor defenseless dogs
 this is the best bedtime ever!
 oops, I have NO IDEA how this happened again Mama
 FINE, Mom.  WHATEVER.  I'll stop going crazy and go to bed.
or will I?  Bet you'll think twice before letting me sleep 3 hours again huh?????? :-)

*  My son has a healthy appetite.  And is a messy eater.  He's such a charmer don't you think?


*  Peter's been eating SpecialK for breakfast because I got it free at RiteAid awhile back.  Tonight as he's eating this frozen peanut butter pie with chocolate sauce on top he says "I don't understand why I'm not losing weight, I'm eating SpecialK"  Oh my poor husband, ha!

*  The other day my nose was telling me that Benjamin was due for a diaper change.  It stunk so bad that I went over to make sure he hadn't blown out (which hasn't happened in at least 4-5 months)  He hadn't, but it was soooo close and it was NASTY.  Oh my goodness.  So what do I do?  I go grab the camera to take a picture.  Yep, I did.  It'd been one of those mornings and I wanted to send a picture of it to my husband so he could see the "icing on the cake" to my "fabulous" morning.  Is that sick?  Regardless, I did it.  When Peter opened the email at work he said he almost barfed.  Don't worry, I'm not going to post the picture here because it really was gross.....but you betcha I sure did send it to my sister's email.  HA HA HA, love ya sis!!

*  Okay, enough blogging for tonight.  I need to finish my cup of peppermint tea and get some rest.  It's going to be a full day again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...