Sunday, January 23, 2011

First Steps!!!! (and our weekend)

Oh, Benjamin is SO close to walking.  Tonight he took his first real steps.  4 in a row!!
 I took a friend's advice and was using socks or a onesie or other clothing item to have him grab onto while I was holding the other end, then I would let go once he got going.  And he took his first steps.  SO FUN.  :-)

Now, when he's running away from me in Wal-Mart because I won't buy him the Elmo toy he wants....remind me how fun it is to have him walk, ha!

I'm pretty sure he'll be officially walking this week, but who knows, my son has a mind of his own :-)
 (I'll have to post a video later)

On another note:  Benjamin discovered the toilet tonight.  Peter was "watching" him tonight but somehow Benjamin found the toilet water.  Oh joy.  There goes my slight possibility of getting a shower with him awake now.  So Peter was washing his hands and decided to let him play in the sink full of water.  It was cute!




Benjamin reading during his bath tonight.


The Missions Conference weekend was awesome.  We went to the group session on Friday night after eating dinner at Subway.  They had a worship team with members from around the world so we worshiped in a few different languages and it was amazing.  The girls really enjoyed it (not to mention they thought the lead singer and bass guitar player were cute, ha!)  Late Friday night we headed to Heather's house to crash for the night.  She had fresh Pioneer Woman cookies (I both love her and hate her for making those) :-) and she was super gracious to open up her home to us.  Benjamin had a late night but slept really well.  The girls had a midnight "curfew" but I'm pretty sure a few of them texted into the wee hours of the morning!

We ate a fabulous breakfast (again with the whole love/hate relationship, ha!) and headed off for the day.  We went to another group session with worship and another speaker then broke off to attend a workshop.  The girls all wanted to go to the Hip Hop for Missions class.  It was a great way for them to see how normal "teenage" activities can be used to witness to their friends and a great way for them to stretch their legs after sitting for so long.  I was really impressed with how they just went for it while they were dancing.





We ate lunch at Sweet Tomatoes and headed back for another group session.  Afterward we started another workshop but the girls were slowly losing steam (quite honestly, we all were!)  So we had a pow wow and decided to leave an hour early and hit the nearby mall.  They shopped for a bit, ate dinner at the food court and we headed home, getting back about 8:45pm.  We had 9 girls and 4 adults and it really was a wonderful time.  I'm praying God will take the words/teaching/music they heard and have it planted as a seed in their hearts, not only burdening them for missions but to just draw closer to Him in their lives.

Benjamin was a trooper.  It wasn't easy keeping him entertained during the long sessions but thanks to all the non-rattle toys I could fit, lots of Cheerios and Ritz crackers, and a pretty amazing "Cherub Comfort" cry room the church had, we did pretty good.  I was exhausted at the end of the weekend because well, he's 26 pounds and I had no help from Peter, but it was so worth it.

While I was gone Peter worked 21 hours of overtime.  He worked from 8-3 on Friday, then went back from 4pm on Friday after we took off and worked until 7am on Saturday.  He slept for a few hours and went back to work at 10:30am on Saturday and worked until 8pm.  He's insane.  But such a hard worker.

Today was church, then our annual business meeting.  So we didn't get home until 3:15.  Benjamin slept from 4pm until 6:30pm so........we slept too!  It was awesome.  And yet, I'm still ready to go to bed so I probably will soon.  It was a full, full, full weekend but so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...