Saturday, January 29, 2011

Simple Saturday in Spring?

The weather was beautiful today.  Sunny and 60 degrees.....awesome, I loved it.

This morning was low key, and after Benjamin napped we headed to Salem.  We stopped at Costco to eat samples for lunch.  Is that cheap?  The samples are the perfect sized lunch for Benjamin, especially since they have so many on the weekend.  And Peter and I never want a huge lunch because we usually have a bigger breakfast than normal on Saturday.  So we didn't buy a thing, just ate samples.  Okay, so maybe it's a bit cheap, but I prefer to consider it frugal :-)

Afterward we went to the mall so I could get my haircut.  I got it for 1/2 off thanks to a Groupon Coupon, woo hoo!  I went back to a gal who had done my hair before and I had really liked it.  I've gone to other random people since then and have had some pretty lousy haircuts, so I thought I'd check to see if she was available.  I'm pretty happy with the haircut!  Of course it never looks like it does now after you wash it and have to style it yourself, but for a day you can pretend you're kind of put together, ha!

though I'm pretty sure this picture confirms the fact that my forehead is the size of Montana.

Anyway...

We headed home where Benjamin did not nap because we got home too late.  But he was happy enough so we decided to walk to Wal-Mart since it was nice out and we're only about 1 mile away.  It was nice to get out a little bit and get some fresh air.

We came home and ate dinner...


Peter worked on taxes...


I sorted through Benjamin's 6-12 month clothes and replaced them with 12-18 months...

(it's really almost embarrassing how many clothes I have for him, this isn't even 1/3 of them)

and Benjamin played and acted goofy like he does best...

 practicing for the SuperBowl next week.........TOUCHDOWN!
 yep, he's crazy
 he's always holding on to his puzzle pieces
 I sure do love this precious face........he is going to be 1 on Thursday.  This Thurdsay.  I'm kinda freaking out.
 he walks around and whips his walker with the spoon like you would a horse to get it to giddy-up.  It's hilarious
 I'm going to get you mama!!!
 Just playing in my corner with my toys
 When I saw this picture it made me think that Benjamin had been naughty and Daddy was having him carry his own spoon up to his room to get a spanking.  HA HA HA!  Trust me, that is NOT the case....Benjamin just didn't want to leave his spoon before his diaper change :-)
 Daddy comes up with the best activities!
 Nice legs Benjamin, nice legs.
 We couldn't resist.  We had to put the Pooh costume back on!
 he once again thought he was hilarious and danced around on his changing table!
 just a little Daddy/Son bonding time
 How fun!  Daddy let me watch some Elmo tonight
He loves it and claps and claps when it comes on.  It's pretty cute.

Now, it's movie time and perhaps a slice (or two?) of strawberry cake.
It was a simple Saturday in what felt like Spring and I loved it.

1 comment:

  1. Frugal and smart! Not cheap...I love it. And love the haircut by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...