Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Love the mess

I have to confess that today was one of those mornings that when you hear you child waking up on the monitor, you wish for a split second that you could just roll over and ignore the fact that you have someone else to take care of.  Ever have one of those days moms?  It's just all you can do to get yourself out of bed and want to go change yet another diaper and fix yet another breakfast.

But, then Benjamin and I shared our breakfast of Cheerios at the coffee table instead of the kitchen.

His perfectly content smile melts my heart.

We finish our breakfast and I just stare at him as he proceeds to scatter his toys everywhere and begin his daily routine of getting into everything.


I giggled to myself at the chaos such a little boy can make.  I shook my head in amazement at how much my life has changed because of him.  I smiled because he's mine.

I just love being a mom.  That's all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. What a precious baby boy. Love the spaghetti pics! Thanks for your words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...