Sunday, January 9, 2011

I love weekends!

Sometimes a weekend at home is exactly what you need to get through another week!
Friday night we had another Girls Night Out for the junior high/high school girls at our church and we headed to a gymnastics meet at Oregon State.  It was really fun, I had never been to one!  We had a nice group with a lot of laughs and some Dairy Queen afterward....can't beat that :-)
Here's a few of our great girls....
Saturday Peter fixed us breakfast, woo hoo!  I scrambled the eggs but he cooked the bacon, made the toast and brewed the coffee.  Yum!  We played with Benjamin until it was time for his nap, then we got ready for the day.
Once he woke up we went to Costco to have samples for lunch.  We learned that Benjamin loooves clam chowder, how would have thought?  We hit a few other stores for some random items, then headed home.  Benjamin was in such a great mood so we just had fun as a family.  
We gave him a bath and got him to bed so we could watch Inception. 

I'm not normally a "sci-fi" kind of girl and although it wasn't really "sci-fi" it was close.  But this movie was really good, though you felt like you really had to listen to every word so you knew what was going on.  Or at least what I think was going on.....maybe I was dreaming.  If you've seen the movie you know what I mean!

Today we had a great church service, it was nice to be back at our home church.  
 Here's my handsome boys before church (sorry the picture is blurry!)


We ate leftover stuffed chicken rolls I made last night for lunch today, then Benjamin took a nap (though a very short one)  We were going to nap but since he didn't nap long that didn't happen.  

We ran a few errands because I had some coupons!!  I've always used coupons randomly but have wanted to see how they could really benefit our family so I'm trying to learn more.  Yesterday at Fred Meyer, every item in my cart was with a coupon(s) making for some suuuper cheap yogurt, string cheese, cheddar cheese and crescent rolls.  I also got 2 big containers of liquid laundry detergent for 50 cents a piece!! :-)
Today at Rite Aid, this was my loot.....


6 boxes of cereal....cost me $0.00
8pack of "C" batteries that we needed for Benjamin's toy....cost me $6.88
Received $7.00 off any future purchase
Total:  I "made" $0.12 to buy these items :-)

I'm excited to see how coupons can help us be better stewards of the money God has blessed us with.

We're just vegging now, watching "Undercover Boss" and hoping Monday morning doesn't come too soon!
Come again soon weekends, I sure love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...