Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Peter!

My wonderful husband turned 33 on Saturday!!  I love how I'll always be soooo much younger (okay, only 5 years) than him, ha!  :-)

Friday night we just stayed at home.  We went for a walk before dinner, then I made Louisiana Chicken Pasta....it's a recipe based on the dish at the Cheesecake Factory and it is SO yummy.  Here's the link  We watched some of PBS' Oliver Twist and went to bed.  Jonah's birthday present to daddy was sleeping 2 four hour stretches...okay, that's more of a present to Mommy but still!

I worked hard on Friday to make sure the whole house was clean so we could enjoy the weekend.  I also wanted to make sure Peter knows just how much we love him so the boys and I made 33 signs with 11 reasons each of why we love Peterand put them all around the house!  It was easy to come up with all those reasons, Peter's a wonderful husband and fabulous Daddy!



 
Saturday we went to spend the day in Portland.  We had some free birthday meal coupons to a couple restaurants so we took advantage of those and ate at Noodles & Company for lunch, got Benjamin a free cookie at Panera, and had Fuddruckers for dinner.  YUMMY!  We also had a gift card so we got a slice of Lemon Raspberry cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory to bring home for dessert later!
We just walked around one of the malls for a bit and Benjamin got to ride around on a train they had.  He loved it, it was perfect for him!  It is so fun as parents to watch your kids have fun.  We went to a few Goodwills, looked at double strollers at Babies R Us and just had a really low key, relaxing day.  The boys were both super and we had a really nice time.  We came home and watched Shark Tank while eating cheesecake, regretfully pushed our clocks ahead an hour, and called it a night.  I think Peter had a good birthday!



I am so grateful that God has blessed me with Peter, I can't imagine my life without him.  I love you so much Peter, Happy Birthday! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...