Friday, March 23, 2012

From the mouth of Benjamin

Two year olds are hilarious.  And exhausting.  And stubborn and creative and inquisitive.  And exhausting!

I wanted to remember this fun stage and write down a few of the things that come out of Benjamin's mouth now, both good and bad!

*  when singing "God made the mountaintops" he sings, "but the best of it all is that God made....Daddy"  (instead of saying "God made me")

*  when its time for bed he'll say "maybe have two, three, seven books"  He's quite the negotiator

*  before bed he always says "Mommy/Daddy will sing to you"

*  "Mommy/Daddy will hold you"

*  whenever he almost falls, he says "I almost hurt myself....Mommy will kiss it."

*  his first joke was "peas please" (because it rhymed) which was then followed up with "What do you call a cheese that isn't yours.......nacho cheese!"

*  when he's talking back at us because he's mad he will say "Mommy Sommy Lightsaber"  Have no clue where this came from but it's like his 2-year old version of cursing out his mama

*  He's also added "Big bird will sing to you" as his sassy comment back to us when he gets in trouble.  At least he's creative right??

*  "I need some milk"

*  when its time for bed he says "goodbye mommy" instead of goodnight

*  I always ask him "guess what?"  and he says "I love you too!"

*  He completes these phrases:  "Mommy loves you.....to the moon and back."  "With.....all my heart."  "How much?......sooooooo much!"

*  "please find a stop sign for me"

*  "shut the lid"....he hates to have the lids of ketchup bottles, etc open on the table

*  "I will get my feet out"  he hates to have his feet covered with blankets while he sleeps

*  "I cannot believe it!"  (from the Little Einsteins show)

*  He calls the shark from Finding Nemo "Goose" instead of "Bruce"

*  when we button up his jeans he says "suck. it. in."  :-)

*  we tell him it's time to eat and he comes running and says "YEAH!  Breakfast time!"

*  "I will get a treat!"

*  "I love the oatmeal box, I love the oatmeal box."  he sings this while playing the drums on whatever is around him

*  "I will throw the ball in the hoop really hard"

*  he jumps off the stairs and says "introducing......benjamin....daniel....klingler"

*  "Daddy is stinky!"

*  when I was still pregnant with Jonah he would try to lift my shirt and say "I will unwrap brother"

*  and this is how he pronounces "ladder".......to him it is "yadder" and I've been working with him on saying "la, la, ladder"  Too cute :-)  (ignore the giant piles of laundry ready to be put away in the background, ha!)


We love, love, love hearing what comes out of our verbal, smart, articulate and adorable little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...