Friday, April 20, 2012

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

I have to document this story about my firstborn.  As much as I'd like to never have to admit that it was my child, I'm hoping that maybe someday when he's older he'll re-read this blog post, realize how sassy he was to his mama and take good care of me when I'm older (or at least upgrade me to a room with a view at a nursing home, ha!)  :-)

We were hanging out in my parents basement, Ben was playing with toys, Jonah was napping in the swing, my sister and I were chit chatting.

Benjamin asked to go upstairs.  I said no because Jonah was sleeping, we needed to stay downstairs.

Benjamin said "I need to go up 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 stairs."

I told him, "No.  If you go up 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 stairs, you will get 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 spankings."

Benjamin then looked me straight in the eye and without hesitation started spanking himself on the bum.  Yes, actually spanking himself.

As he did he said, "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10"

Then he turned around and said, "Now I can go upstairs."

seriously.

I can't make this stuff up.  I think my face got flushed because I couldn't believe he would so quickly respond like that, or even know how to respond like that.  I can't remember exactly how I responded but I do know he didn't go upstairs, that's for sure.

Strong willed child much?

So, yes, Benjamin, read this in 30 years and make sure to take good ol' care of the mama who just might lose her life or at least her hair, raising you :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...