Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dumb Jillian

Dumb Jillian.

Why, oh, why do you insist that I squat lower, punch harder and tell me there is no substituion for your endless jumping jacks and push ups?

Yes, I'm talking about THE Jillian.  Jillian Michaels, trainer torturer extrodinairre.

I've kind of decided that I don't want to look like I just had a baby 3 weeks ago....when in reality it's been 3 months.  Hence the relationship I started with Jillian.  She knows I've been avoiding her (or ANY kind of exercise) for quite some time now and when I finally pushed play on the DVD, I think she was a wee bit irritated.  Or at least she acted like it when she was telling me to lift my weights heigher and stop being such a wimp.

Dumb Jillian.

Anyhoo, I'm on like Day 5 of her 30 Day Shred DVD and though I really like the feeling of working out, I don't like working out.  Who likes to feel like they are going to die right there in their living room from lack of oxygen and leave their children without a mother?

Dumb Jillian.

But, I need to get rid of the um, baggage, that my two precious boys have given me (with a little help from a whole lotta ice cream) so I continue.  And in reality, it's about 25 minutes combining strength, cardio and abs and though its miserable at times (even on Level 1) I think it's going to be great.  At least I keep telling myself that.

Dumb Jillian.

The best part is that I've ropped the hubby into it too.  He joined me starting on Saturday and I think he thought he was going to die.  But he didn't.  I won't let him die, my boys need their Daddy and I kinda like him too.  Anyhoo....he's started doing the workout too and I think he feels the same way I do about that feisty little trainer girl.

Dumb Jillian.

When I can fit into all my non-maternity clothes I'll probably change my mind but for now my sore muscles agree with me.

Dumb Jillian.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, Dumb Jillian is right! My relationship has been pretty rocky with her for a while and unfortunately I think I need her more than I gave credit for ;)
    Way to go...Peter too, I'm quite impressed.
    Shred away my dear...you already look fabulous by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...