Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blonde moment

Our library books were due today so I decided we should spend this rainy morning at the library.  Benjamin just loves it so it's fun to make his day.

We had a blast with the puzzles, books, computer, toys, etc.  And then we checked out our books and headed back into the rain to load up into the van.

We parked our stroller outside the van and I got the keys out to open the sliding doors.  I used our keyless remote, but nothing happened.  Um, okay?  I pushed the buttons again.  Still nothing.  I pushed them harder....then I tried putting the actual key in the front door and it wouldn't turn.

Did I mention that we were standing out in the rain?

I started to get a little frustrated.  I was thinking that I must have left a light on inside the car which caused the battery to die and would make the keyless remote not work.  It's happened before to Peter and I so that's what I thought.

I tried a few more times then decided to take the boys back to the library and call Peter for help.  As soon as I turned around to head back to the library I looked to the right and.....4 spots down was another brown Honda van.  OUR brown Honda.

One of the sliding doors was open.  The other one was partially open.

They had probably been opening and shutting over and over as I pushed the keyless remote over and over.

Oops!

I chuckled to myself and realized I had been trying to get into someone else's van.  While standing in the rain.  With two little boys.

Major blonde moment.  Or at least a tired mama moment.

At least Peter had a huge laugh at lunch today :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic story! I'm glad to know I'm not the only person this kind of thing happens too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...