Thursday, April 19, 2012

My little brother got married!

This past weekend we made the 8.5 hour trek back to Idaho to celebrate with my brother, Alan, while he got married to his fiance, Natasha.  We hadn't been back since September so it was time for a visit.  My parents hadn't met Jonah yet!

Can I just say that my boys did amaaaazing on the drive?!?!  Jonah hardly made a peep and was happy to either sleep, coo, or eat his hand.  Benjamin was awesome and loved all his books, snacks, stickers, shows, and pointing out all the trains, bridges, tractors, rivers, etc he could find!  We were soooo blessed that they traveled so well both ways!  Ben could NOT wait until he got to Nana's house.  He wanted to see Auntie Manda so much.

We got in around 9:30 Thursday night (Ben just walked in and was instantly comfortable) and Friday was spent relaxing, shopping a bit, and enjoying each other before the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on Friday night.  My parents have a whole basement of toys that my boys just love.  Then we got everything decorated and ready for Saturday.


Saturday was spent with some last minute details, making sure the boys got naps and then we headed to the venue to get ready and take some pictures.  Benjamin was a ring bearer and Peter was a groomsman.  Of course, Benjamin melts down for the pictures....you cannot make that boy do something he doesn't want to do.  STUBBORN.  Anyway....we finished pictures then got ready for the ceremony.









The ceremony was beautiful.  My dad was the officiant and he always does such a great job.  I think he even "got something in his eyes" at one point.....funny, that happened when he married me too!  :-)  It was a special time watching them commit their lives to each other.  I was trying to pay attention while I was bouncing Jonah in my arms so he'd stay asleep and stuffing jellybeans in Benjamin's mouth to keep him quiet!




Funny story....when they were lighting the unity candle Benjamin yells "It's my birthday party!!!!" Ummmm, not quite sweetie. It was funny though I was a bit mortified too, ha.



After the ceremony we enjoyed some yummy food then I danced with Benjamin a little bit. I am not a dancer at all, but I figured I'd never see half of those people again and the look on my sweet boys face as I danced with him was so priceless and well worth any embarassment!
It was a sweet wedding and we had a good time.











The picture above reminds me of the last wedding that I took Benjamin to when he was only about 6 months old.....boy does he grow up fast!  I hope he always looks so excited to dance with his mama :-)



Sunday we went to church, then celebrated my dad's birthday at Applebees.  Benjamin isn't shy at all about ordering and told the waitress he wanted "noodles and pears".  He was acting so grown up and serious.

Monday morning we headed to Peter's folks house so he could see his Poppy, Gong Gong, and Uncle Knute.  We just spent the day eating, relaxing, and playing, it was great.  Benjamin loves the toys, and reading with GongGong.  Tuesday morning we ate another tasty breakfast then headed back to my parents to have a quick lunch before we had to take off.  We hated having to leave.....Benjamin kept asking to go back to Nana's house and see Auntie Amanda, Poppy & Gong Gong.  He woke up from his nap and immediately asked "Where's Grandfather??"  He misses you guys!!!

They traveled super well on the way home and we got in about 9:45.  I've been unpacking, cleaning, and trying to get Benjamin "detoxed" from the grandparent attention.  It was a fast but great trip.  Congrats on your married little brother, I can't believe you're old enough to get married.  And welcome to the family Natasha!  :-)


2 comments:

  1. Okay that comparison picture got to me! Seriously they change SO fast! I hear ya on grandparent detox...it's a weird process to have to go through...but pretty great at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me teary to see the two pics...because I can imagine his wedding day someday and I just know that its really not that far away. Makes me want to forgo the cooking and cleaning I obsess over and have many more living room dance parties :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...