Thursday, April 5, 2012

Highs and Lows

Sometimes my days are full of highs and lows

HIGH:   Jonah received a great bill of health at his 2 month appointment today.  He is 11lbs 14 ounces and 23.5 inches long.  He's gained over 5 lbs and 4.5 inches in 2 months.  Go Jonah!!

LOW:  Jonah had to get his shots and made him suuuuper fussy this afternoon.  As in, don't-even-think-about-putting-me-down-or-I'll-scream kind of fussy :-)

HIGH:  Benjamin slept until 7 this morning and was well behaved at the doctors

LOW:  He had to get a booster shot too so he was also a bit fussy this afternoon and only slept for 1 hour at naptime.  Gooood stuff.

HIGH:  Benjamin is getting sooo good at puzzles.  He can do some tougher Melissa&Doug ones completely by himself now.  He's also coloring in the lines really well....I noticed this when we were on the porch playing with sidewalk chalk on Monday.


 
LOW:  Those puzzles come with lots of pieces and when he gets mad he throws them (and all his other toys) all over my living room. 

HIGH:  I got to make dinner for a friend who had a rally bad health scare a couple weeks ago. 

LOW:  One of the girls in our EPIC group is dealing with/causing some issues and its sot of maddening and heartbreaking all wrapped into one

HIGH:  I have a great husband who is letting me sit for an hour while he gives the boys a bath

LOW:  Our town has no coffee shop open this late where I could go veg for an hour

HIGH:  We have a couple pieces of cake in the freezer that we can enjoy later!

LOW:  I really need to lose the last of this baby weight.  But unfortunately, I don't have all that much motivation to do so.  Must be something about the lack of sleep and completely full days that drain my energy??

My days are often full of highs and lows but I have two healthy boys, an amazing husband and a God who is my sure and steady foundation.  I am blessed indeed!

3 comments:

  1. Your boys are so cute!! And don't worry about the baby weight. Your little man is only two months old and you'll feel a lot better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying not to stress too much about the baby weight. Its just rough trying to find the time/energy to get some exercise with two boys now....but I know it'll come.
      Your little girl is sooo adorable, by the way!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...