Friday, January 25, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAH!!!!

Today my sweet little Jonah turned 1.

I may need to re-read that sentence and convince myself that it's reality because I can hardly believe it.

Today my sweet little Jonah turned 1.

*SIGH*

I will admit that I cried myself to sleep a few nights ago.  It just hit me that Jonah is getting so big and I sort of just needed the time to kind of mourn the loss of my "baby".  And last night after I got home from worship team, Peter had already put Jonah down but he wasn't asleep so I got him up for some last "baby" snuggles and to capture his last night as a 0 year old.



Goodness gracious, we love him.

Last night we decorated the kitchen for his little party.  Our friends were sick so it was just going to be our family and my sister who is still here visiting.  When I was thinking about a theme, Amanda suggested Curious George.  Perfect!  It totally suits my ornery, trouble maker Jonah.  I always keep the party really simple, but here are a few decorations....





Since Curious George loves bananas and Jonah eats one every morning for part of his breakfast, I thought I would make a banana shaped cake.  Which matched the strawberry cake I made for Benjamin's first birthday centered around "The Little Mouse and the Red Ripe Strawberry."  And since he needed a separate "smash cake" I took inspiration from the Curious George tablecloth and made some cute little balloons for him to enjoy.





As per tradition, we took Jonah to McDonalds for lunch to get his first happy meal.



Then later that night it was time for a pizza dinner then time to party!  Auntie Amanda wisely suggested presents first since the cake would be so messy so that's what we did.
Jonah loved his pajamas, blocks, stuffed tiger, Thomas tunnel, and guitar.  He loooves guitars!






And here's his face when we took the guitar away so we could have cake.

I told you.  The boy loves his guitars.  He recovered quickly when he discovered it was time for cake.  Let's just say he figured it out pretty quickly.






The traditional first birthday sink bath happened.....

then it was time to play with the gifts.





It was a wonderful day celebrating our precious gift.  I will always have sweet memories of this day remembering how kind and excited Benjamin was for his brother.  How he kept saying Happy Birthday Jonah throughout the day and was so willing to give him kisses.  He had such a great attitude even though Jonah got so much attention, gifts, balloons, etc on his day.  Too sweet!






Jonah Caleb, there aren't quite words to tell you how much we love you and how perfectly you fit into our family.  Your cheeseball grins, ornery tactics, story telling eyes, constant appetite, laid back personality, strong willed resolve.....we can't get enough.  I pray that you will grow to be a man who knows and loves the Lord.  I feel so blessed to be your Mom, you make me smile everyday and I love you to pieces. 

Happy Birthday Jonah Caleb, you are so, so, so loved.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute party...Happy Birthday, Jonah! I truly had no idea how quickly it would all pass. I had a moment of silence the other day when I packed up all of LC's bottle and we became a cup-only family. I was surprised it gave me a lump in my throat!

    Oh, and PS...Jonah's eyes are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...