Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday

All 3 of my boys are sick.  All 3 of my boys are napping.  I should be napping but instead I thought I would blog about a few things I'm loving lately.  And then try take a nap of course!  Is anyone else a horrible nap taker?  It takes me forever to fall asleep and by the time I fall asleep it's almost guaranteed that one of my boys is waking up and I end up even more cranky/tired than I was before the nap attempt.  Anyway, back to what I'm loving today on this laid back Wednesday....

*  I'm loving that my sweet Jonah had a great 1 year well baby check-up this morning.  I'll have to do his 12 month post soon but he is healthy and thriving and perfect (despite catching his brother's cough/fever)  Poor boy couldn't make it through the meal without putting his head down.

*  I'm loving that my sweet Benjamin is going to be 3 on Sunday!  THREE!!!!  Yikes, he is growing up.  I hope he's completely well by then.  His fever is going down but he still has a lovely cough.  And he's at that "annoying/whiny sick" stage.  Mama is ready to have him well.
He insists on having a blanket at the table.  And insists that it is perfectly wrapped around him and covering him.  Then he tells me he can't eat his food because "he is busy warming up."  Busy warming up?  What will this child come up with next.

*  I'm loving Season 3 of Downton Abbey.  And I loved Seasons 1 and 2.  It's just so addicting and makes Sunday nights that much more enjoyable.


*  I'm loving that every other Tuesday night 6 of us gals from church get together for dessert to share life, keep each other accountable, encourage one another, share hilarious kid stories.  We meet after the kids are in bed and stay up way too late, but I love it.  It is so good for me and I am so, so grateful for my friends.

* I'm loving that it's once again time for Thin Mint ice cream.  It's literally the only dessert Peter and I will eat for the next two months while it's out.  We may need an intervention.

*  I'm loving the smell of the my new bodywash from Bath & Body works.  It's Coconut Passionfruit and smells delicious!! 

*  I'm loving that I found a Thomas the Train Wilton cake pan for super cheap on craigslist awhile back........but I'm not loving the idea of figuring out to do the "fancy icing work" to make it look good.  Martha Stewart I am not, should be interesting.  Any tips??
*  I'm loving my husband.  Life has seemed busy and full lately so it's sometimes hard to sneak in quality time together but I can't imagine my everyday without him.  And even when he's sick, he is still the best Dad.



So good to reflect on the little things and big things in life that make it so enjoyable.  Happy Wednesday :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi April!

    So sorry to hear that your boys are sick. I hope they kick this fast - it is so miserable!
    It's so fun to see family with boys since we are such a girl fest over here! And you've inspired me to jump on the Downton Abbey train... I'll be watching it durning nap time today!

    Cute blog btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could watch Downton Abbey together! It would be so fun! I just miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...