Monday, January 28, 2013

New Blog & Sickness

Hooray for new blog designs!  I'd been wanting a bit of a change and when my sister pointed out that my boys initials spelled PB&J......well, I thought it was perfect!  Because this blog is my journal for the ups and downs of the everyday with my boys and I spend a lot of time making pb&j's as a stay at home mama!  Now here's to hoping I can keep up with all my posts and not get behind!

I'm going to try to catch up on a few posts while Ben is watching Thomas on Netflix.  He's had a fever since Saturday morning and a cough to go with it.  He's been sleeping horrible so we let him sleep in a playpen in our room last night and that helped.  The fever just causes him to be super emotional but also incredibly snuggly and sweetly pathetic.

I was singing him to sleep the other night and with his eyes closed, in his adorable high pitched voice, he said, "I want Jesus Loves the Little Children, then He's still working on me, then Jesus loves the little Children again"  It was stinkin cute and I happily obliged.

We put him down for a nap on Sunday afternoon and he woke up less than an hour later crying buckets at the top of the stairs.  He said, "I asked you to turn off my fan and nobody turned off my fan.  Nooobooddy turned off my fan"  He's saying this wih his lip quivering and tears in his eyes.  "And I asked you turn off my light and nobody turned off my light.  Noooboooddy turned off my light.  Noooobooodddy did.  Nooobooody did"  Once I kept myself from squeezing him from all the cuteness, I hugged him and turned off his fan and light.  Oh Benjamin, being sick is rough isn't it?

He even watched the end of Downton Abbey last night with us because he woke up halfway through the episode.  Does that make me a bad mama for giving him cuddles from the couch so I could watch what was going on?  Still can't believe they killed off Lady Sybil....it was intense.  I'm horrible at waiting for the next episode each week, patience is not my strongsuit.

Little brother Jonah has avoided the sickness so far and is enjoying the playtime at home.  I'm praying it stays that way!


Off to go finish cleaning/sorting through toys, they have taken over my house!

2 comments:

  1. I love the change! I was looking through my blog feed and was thinking I don't remember following that blog, and then I recognized that cute face! How clever!!! And don't even get me started on Downton! I cried and cried!!! It hit close to home...Amy had preclampsia that was pretty dramatic and that's why Daphne was four weeks early...it was a stressful delivery for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Heather, I hadn't even connected those dots about Amy's delivery. How good that we can always trust our Good Physician knowing His ways are ALWAYS perfect. Daphne is a precious (and crazy adorable) gift from God. Give her an extra cuddle for me....Amy needs a blog, pictures must be shared!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...