Saturday, May 8, 2010

Good food and Great friends

The title pretty much sums up our awesome weekend so far.  Friday night we had our friends Jeremy, Kristen, Chris and Sharon over for dinner (and their little ones Haddie, Micah, and Gavriel)  We chowed down on some enchiladas and just hung out for awhile.  Chris and Sharon stayed later to play cards (and have a second dessert at 10pm....no wonder we like them!) and though I am so miserably bad at cards, it was fun.  I at least beat Peter though so that's all that matters, ha!
This morning after waking up at 9pm (thank you Benjamin!) we headed out to a few garage sales and we incredibly disappointed.  The garage sales so far in our area have been so lame, I hope this changes soon!  We made a quick Costco run which basically for us means buying coffee and formula, eating all their samples and then buying either a hot dog or pizza depending on how many samples we ate!  Later that afternoon we babysat our friends Jer and Heather's little ones for a couple hours then they stayed for dinner.  I'm so bummed that they're moving soon :-(  
I think that sometimes I really forget how wonderful it is to have such great friends.  I know so many people that don't have people they enjoy hanging out with and I feel so blessed that God has provided for us so much in this area.  Good food and great friends makes for a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...