Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today was my first Mother's Day as a Mom! 
(Though technically I think I was pregnant with Benjamin last year but didn't know yet) 
Benjamin (um, Peter) didn't forget and treated me extra special today.  I was awoke to a Starbucks latte and coffee cake which were both delicious.  When I walked downstairs I saw.........

a wonderfully sweet gift from my guys!

Peter hung the beautiful plant outside the window on our front porch this afternoon and I love it.
My favorite part though was the card

Peter had traced Benjamin's hand, foot, and bum crack!!  I love it.  I laughed out loud, it was so precious.

At church this morning, it was so fun to be able to stand up with all the other moms.  What a privilege to now be able to share the special bond that mothers have with each other.  All the kids helped the worship team this morning by playing instruments and singing and it was amazing to just worship with a renewed sense of joy that only children can give.  We were reminded in the sermon the importance of honoring our mothers and providing for them.  Peter and I both have such incredible examples in our mothers.  Sacrifice, unconditional love, patience, wisdom.  Great cooks, amazing caretakers, hard workers.  These are what we think of when we think of our moms.  I don't think I've fully realized how much my mom has truly given to me, but am beginning to glimpse just how blessed I am to have her as I'm now a mom of my own children.  
Peter and I want to wish our mom's a Happy Mother's Day!



After church, we went to Red Robin for lunch.  Ironically we ate there last year on Mother's Day and I was so bummed the entire day because I so much wanted to be a mommy.  Little did I know that God knew I would be a mother this year (though I did have a mysterious bout of heartburn last year on Mother's Day...though it could have been the nachos!!)

We came home and went for a walk together because the weather was so gorgeous.

Then I just relaxed and enjoyed a little bit of a nap with my precious boy.

 
Right now, I'm listening to Peter and Benjamin sing and play together.  They're so sweet together and it makes me happy to know how much they love each other.  I know this is a Mother's Day post but I couldn't resist a couple pics of my 2 favorite guys as they played.







In this picture, I just informed Peter that Benjamin was having SO much fun with his daddy......so much so that he felt um, nice and relaxed (notice the once white onesie!!)  Guess who gets to clean this one up?  Happy Mother's Day to me :-)


Boy does this mama LOVE this little face!
Being a mom is one of the greatest things to ever happen to me.  I'm just so lucky to be Benjamin's mama and I cherish each moment with him.  It was a great day.  I love you Benjamin :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...