Friday, May 28, 2010

Things that make me happy!

One of the blogs I read, Kelly's Korner, has a Show Us Your Life party every Friday.  This week's theme is "Things that make you happy".  I've never linked up before but I thought I'd join this week because I have SO many things that make me happy.

*  Being married to my best friend
* Being a mommy to my pride and joy Benjamin
* Spending time with all my family
* traveling to fun places with Peter
* playing piano for church while everyone sings praises to our Lord
* finding a great deal at a garage sale
* Starbucks lattes
* finding a great dessert recipe
* lazy Sunday afternoons
* camping
* my church family and small group
* sending and receiving thank you notes in the mail
* the feeling you have after a great workout
* my son's smiles and chubby legs

*  HGTV
* random acts of kindness
* a clean house
* the ocean
* sleeping in
* seeing God answer prayers
* fresh flowers
* fresh fruit
* my husband's dancing skills :-)
* Partylite candles
 * spending quality time in God's Word
* word games
* getting your hair shampooed by a professional before a haircut
* sitting around a campfire
* the mints they give you after you eat at Olive Garden
* a full fridge right after grocery shopping
* coupons
* chocolate chip cookies

This list goes on and on....I have so much to be thankful for and so many things that make me happy.  But, I am reminded that true happiness, joy, and contentment can only be found in our Savior.
1 Timothy 6:6-8
But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful list!!!
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Oregon! I used to live there (born and raised) until we moved to AK this year :) we miss it! Good to see another Oregonian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list!! Your son is so cute, you have a beautiful family! We share some of the same things that make us happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable family.
    What a terrific list. You and your family have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list!! It's hard to narrow it down to a few things...God is so good and gives us so much joy! I could've made my list never ending! From a fellow Oregonian!!
    Tracy~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...