Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm Walkin' on Sunshine

Woah, and don't it feel good!

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day.  Perfectly blue skies, 80 degrees, slight cool breeze.  
Definitely my idea of perfect weather.

This morning as soon as Benjamin started stirring, I woke him up so we could hit a few garage sales.  We went to a handful of them and found a few items, including a pair of cute baby jeans!  
Then, we headed off to enjoy playgroup with the other moms from our church.  We met at Waterloo Park and it was sooo nice to be outside, hanging out with friends and the kiddos.  Benjamin loves being outside and was so content hanging out with my friend Christina.  We came home to meet daddy for lunch and I cleaned a bit while Benjamin napped. 

After Peter got home from work, we decided to head to Corvallis to enjoy a fun night in the sun as a family.  First off, we stopped to grab yummy burritos at Baja Fresh....so good!
Then we headed to Avery Park to take a walk and enjoy the sunshine (and take a few pictures along the way, ha!)
 My love
 My cutie pie
He loved playing with his shorts!
Don't we all wish our legs looked this good? :-)

Happy baby!
Beautiful flowers in the park
Such a pretty evening for a walk
Standing in front of Trimble, the company I used to work for.  The big window on the 2nd floor directly behind me was about where my office was.  I can't say I really miss it, but mostly because I quit work for this....
I love my new job!
Cool train in the middle of the park
I think Benjamin liked the swings!
SO much fun to play with all the cool stuff in the park :-)
It was such a blast to watch him take in all the different sights, we really look forward to lots of parks with Benjamin this summer.
He must have played hard though, because no more than a minute after he was back in the car.....
he was OUT!

That didn't deter Mommy and Daddy from making one more stop before heading home....
Why hello yellow cake batter with sprinkles goodness!  Nice to meet you chocolate Reeses Pieces gooey friend!  So glad you could join us to cap off our evening :-)
Though he didn't eat any ice cream, I still think he had a great night and was obviously tuckered out!  
What a perfect day spent with the family I'm so blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...