Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Day with Mommy

Hi guys, Benjamin here.  Just wanted to share with you some of the ways I helped mommy today.  Sometimes she just can't keep it all together so she needs my assistance....really, what would she do without me?

This morning we cooked and baked!  I learned what a crock pot was....pretty much sounds like lazy cooking to me but what do I know, I'm 4 1/2 months old?  I'm not sure what it tastes like but the apricot chicken we made sure smelled good. 
Then we moved on to the territory I am sure to love, if I'm anything like my parents that is.  DESSERT!  I helped mommy squeeze the life out of some lemons and stir some brown sugar and oats and other white powdery things (mommy says the legal kind of white powdery things) together to make some yummy creamy lemon crumb bars.  I gave her a dirty look though when she said they were for our friends at our small group.....WHAT?!?!?!  I think I shall remember this betrayal and have a diaper blowout tomorrow!

I was exhausted from how much help I was giving my mommy so I slept for 1 1/2 hours.  It is really hard work being this cute 24 hours a day AND having to keep up with the household responsibilities.

There's no rest for the weary though and so I was on to laundry.  I kind of wanted to take a dip in the washing machine....it looked sort of fun to have all that warm water splash all over me and take a little spin.  The dryer though....not so much.  All that heat would mess up my hair!  Mommy didn't let me eat the soap, we had to pour it over the clothes instead, bummer.

I had to remind mommy that I was a baby not a workhorse.  So she finally relented and let me play.  Well, she let me read books to make me think I was playing but really I was practicing sitting up and stimulating my brain or something like that!  It was a pretty good time.


 Then Mommy read me one of my favorites, do you know which book it is?


 You guessed it!  The little mouse, the red ripe strawberry and the BIG HUNGRY BEAR!  Mommy always says the BIG HUNGRY BEAR is such a funny, loud, crazy voice...it makes me smile.

After dinner I socialized with my peeps....
 Okay, so I don't really have peeps....or at least I don't think I do.  I'm not really sure what "peeps" are.  I was talking to my Aunt Amanda on the phone....I must have been trying to give her kisses in that picture.  It certainly wouldn't be me trying to eat an electronic device, that would be embarrassing.

I really have to keep up my cool dude image so people don't realize I'm really a goofy dork.
That was my day.  I'm pooped.  I mean I did poop, earlier.  But you know what I meant.  
I'm all clean now, promise.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...