Saturday, June 12, 2010

S-U-N-S-H-I-N-E!!!!!

It has been an amazing weather because of the SUNSHINE!  YEAH!  It was finally sunny and warm yesterday and has been absolutely gorgeous today.  Yesterday I hit a few garage sales in the morning and in the afternoon Peter and I babysat Elijah, Haddie and Micah for Jeremy and Kristen.  We had a treasure hunt, pizza in the park, LOTS of playtime at the park on a beautiful evening, ice cream cones at McDonalds and a movie together before bedtime.  It was a great night, we love those guys :-)

Today Peter went with me and we went to a few more garage sales.  We didn't get too much but found a few clothes and toys for Benjamin, a couple movies, and a ShopVac for Peter.  We made a very quick trip to Costco then came home for lunch.
  

While Benjamin took his nap (for almost 2 1/2 HOURS!) Peter washed the cars, and I napped/read outside before helping Peter finish.  It was soooo gorgeous today.  Not a cloud in the sky and 80 degrees.  I could have relaxed outside all day!  After Benjamin woke up we decided to let him have his first time in his own little kiddie pool.

As you can tell, he was NOT too happy that the water was still cold!
He eventually became okay with the water and had some playtime with daddy.


He was actually the most happy in this position, which he initiated mostly on his own.  I think he is going to love crawling!


Overall, he had a good time.  Though I think that next time I will wait until the water is a bit warmer and wait until he's more awake from his nap :-)

We decided that the rest of the evening was going to be too nice to spend inside so we took off to Sweet Home, OR.  Benjamin was glad to go out and enjoy more sunshine! 


Of course, we had to stop for one of these....
We branched out and tried their flavor of the month....Strawberry Golden Oreo!  It had real strawberries mixed with the new Golden Oreos.  We thought it was great and completely fooled ourselves into thinking it was somehow better for us since it had strawberries.....right?  Right??

We then made our way to Foster Lake for a walk through one of their parks and down by the water.  It was nice to just get out and enjoy time as a family.
The lake is beautiful.

This boy sure loves his daddy!

 I hope he kinda likes his mama too!

We carried him in many positions to lessen the load of our close to 17lb load of love!

His favorite spot was on daddy's shoulders.  
He kept smiling and smiling.
Peter said "He's probably smiling because he's pulling my hair."
"Or because he's sucking on my head."
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Witness how much his daddy loves him below.
I'm so glad daddy hasn't had a haircut in awhile....this is SO good
Mom!  Will you put that camera away...I'm busy massaging my gums on my daddy
Who me?  No, of course I wasn't sucking daddy's hair....look how innocent I am!
Okay, okay, it was me....but I'm so cute that daddy doesn't mind.  I sure love my dad!

What a great weekend in the sunshine :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...