Saturday, June 19, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

It's been a fun but tiring weekend.  Friday night we took Benjamin swimming at our community pool.  They have a good sized warm water pool so he was able to stay in longer than he can in colder water.  He loved it!  It took him awhile to get used to all the extra noise because it was really busy, but once he did he just chilled and kicked his little legs.  He spent part of the time in his inflatable boat and part of the time bobbing around with mom and dad.  Our friends, the Zderads, went with us too and we all had a blast!  We swam until 8:30 so Benjamin turned into a cranky boy once we took him out of the water and had to get him in warm clothes...but he fell asleep in the car within 30 seconds on getting in his carseat!  Sorry I didn't take any pictures though...it was kind of crowded and I was busy enjoying the time with my little guy!
This morning we went strawberry picking!  The crop wasn't overly amazing this year because we've had so much rain and not enough sun, but it was still fun to meet our friends there and pick away.  It's crazy to think that Benjamin will actually get to enjoy some strawberries of his own later this year!  That was certainly my motivation when I was slicing 17lbs of strawberries this evening.
The rest of the day was spent thinking of home projects we want to tackle.  Hopefully some of those work out for us to try so I can post more on them later!
Here are a few pics of my little man who is just getting bigger and bigger.  I was putting his pj's on tonight and they are getting sooo snug, made me kind of sad.  He's just so cute.
All ready to go garage-saling with mama on Friday morning :-)
I love to climb on daddy
Seriously?  This kid is CRAZY!
 Doesn't everyone pick strawberries in this getup?
(See Grandfather?  My hat is getting closer to really fitting me...it has to be sideways for now though because I don't like it when it covers my eyes!)
WORD!
He's never worn this outfit so we put it on, then died laughing at how awful he looked.  We ended up changing him because we couldn't stop laughing at how girly he looked.
Something about it reminded us of the caterpillar on Bug's Life.
We kept saying the line from the movie, "Look at me, I'm a beautiful butterfly".
Benjamin thought we were hilarious, and we were just dying.
Learning to sit up while listening to my tunes
I really love taking my naps outside in my new swing!
Ladies, ladies...rest assured.  What you see hanging over my jeans is ALL muscle. 
You just wish you had my confidence.  Ha!
SO STINKIN' PINCHABLE!
Just loving my bathtime before bed!  I have totally mastered the art of lounging in my tub :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...