Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One Year Ago

It was one year ago today, that I found out I was pregnant!  

Last year, Memorial Day weekend was a bit hard because I thought there was a chance I was pregnant but I didn't want to get my hopes up.  So I spent most of the weekend trying to distract myself by spring cleaning.  I had an insane urge to clean my closets (should have been a clue, huh?).  The Tuesday after Memorial Day I went to Fred Meyer on my lunch break to buy a pregnancy test.  I went to Fred Meyer because it was a bit out of the way and I was thinking I wouldn't run into anyone I knew :-)  I went back to work for as long as I could, took off early, came home, took the test.....waited the 2 minutes or whatever in the other room.  Came back and saw the test said Pregnant and I just started laughing and crying.  Of course, I had to take another test and this time I watched to make sure it did indeed say pregnant....which it did right away!  I ran to Wal-Mart and bought Peter a Daddy-to-be card and wrapped that up with the pregnancy test.  I called him to find out when he was coming home from work and tried to wait patiently for him to do so.  I told him I had got him a little something, which wasn't unusual, but this time it was a bit different.  When he figured it out he said, "Seriously?  Holy mackerel!"  HA!  It was such a special moment and I will always remember it. 
This year I have Benjamin in my arms instead of in my womb and I love him terribly!

Daddy was just introducing him to the milk he'll get to enjoy as a big boy someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...