Sunday, December 12, 2010

Another weekend come and gone!

Is it just me or does it seem like the weekends in December go by even faster than they normally do?
I already blogged about our swimming on Friday so on to Saturday.
Our friends were dying to babysit Benjamin so I finally had to cave in and learn how to be apart from my little baby.  We dropped him off at their house about 9:45 in the morning and we were headed out for our date!
First, we hit the local Starbucks and treated ourselves with a drink for our drive to Eugene.  While we were in Eugene, we went to a Goodwill, and hit a few stores in 2 different malls to finish our Christmas shopping.  It was suuuuuper busy as to be expected a few weeks out from Christmas but I didn't really mind because we knew what we wanted in each store so we could go quickly.  It was so nice to not have to get a baby in and out of a car seat at each stop and not have to worry about strollers, diapers, snacks, etc.  I missed him like crazy but we got soooo much done without having that responsibility.  We ate lunch at a great Greek/Indian restaurant.  I had a great chicken curry with an amazing chutney and Peter had the lemon pepper Greek chicken.  We had a coupon for a BOGO and we enjoyed it because it was a nice quiet restaurant downtown.  Places like Olive Garden, Red Robin, etc I'm sure were crazy at lunchtime.  We hit a few more places to pick up odds and ends then headed (rushed!) home to see our little guy.  I couldn't wait to hug him.  We got to their house and our little guy was sleeping (it was 5pm).  Apparently, he had been GREAT the whole day, only getting a little fussy right before his 2nd nap, nothing a little milk can't help!  I was really glad he was good for them.  He loves them and I know it's good for him to have a little time away from Mommy and Daddy.  It's good for us to have a little time away too!  We ate a delicious dinner with them then headed home for the evening.  I completely forgot to take any pictures but it was a great day!

Today was an early start due to little guy waking up at 6:20.  Oh joy!  I tried to cuddle with him and bed and he was SUPER cuddly especially for him, he just didn't sleep.  Oh well.  Church was great, we came home for lunch and then Benjamin napped well this afternoon.  I worked on Christmas cards and a few things while Peter worked on a few projects around the house.  When Benjamin woke up we ran and got a few things at Wal-Mart, ate dinner and just played with our little guy/worked on a few things.  It was a great evening.  There is few things greater than crawling after the cutest little boy in the whole world while he giggles knowing Mommy is going to eat his belly when she catches him. This weekend has gone by sooo fast but I'm about to enjoy some ice cream and hope that this evening will last longer and postpone Monday.

 trying to get a decent picture is near impossible these days!
 no smiles from Ben but at least he's looking!  I look like I need a nap!!
 this is reality when I try to take a picture
he sees the camera and turns away.  Oh my little joy!

 one day I'll post a picture of him smiling while looking at the camera.  One day, one day.
 this is the "I'm watching a Praise Baby DVD so don't disturb me" look
I absolutely love his perfect physique :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...