Thursday, December 2, 2010

Decorating for Christmas!!

Well, it's officially December now as of yesterday, so it's time to decorate for Christmas.  I'd probably have done this earlier but we're always out of town for Thanksgiving.  Anyway, we'll probably get our tree this weekend but I'm going to try to get the rest of the decorations up tonight.

On a side note, our dryer is fixed!  It had stopped producing heat the day before we left for Idaho which was such a bummer.  We didn't want to have to pay for an expensive serviceman, so we took a few parts into a local appliance store to get checked, they told us which one wasn't working, we bought a new one for $35 and it works!  Yippee!!!!!  I'm sooo excited....especially after taking a 10 month old and 2 baskets full of wet clothes to the laundromat yesterday.  Yeah, um, not so fun.  And not so easy.  Hooray for working dryers.

Okay, onto the Christmas decorations.  Let's hope Peter doesn't look at these pictures or he won't let me go Christmas clearance shopping after Christmas this year.  Sad thing is, I haven't really bought hardly anything in the past 2 years and these pictures don't even include tree decorations.  Oh boy!  I guess I get my love of Christmas from my Daddy :-)

 definitely puts you in the Christmas spirit!
 my childhood stocking is on the bottom left!
 I always set up the little village on our piano...it's nothing compared to the village at my dad's house
 I love the Merry Christmas blocks!
 Benjamin is going to love the gingerbread house on the right....it lights up and plays music!
 The sign says "My best friends are flakes" with snowmen on it :-)
so many cute things, so few spots to put them!

Okay, time to turn the Christmas music up (not too loud while Benjamin finishes his nap) and figure out how to festivitize (yes, I realize that's probably not a word) my house :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...