Friday, December 10, 2010

It's Friday!!!

First off, is this not the most precious sight?  This is what I was able to kiss goodnight before I went to sleep last night.


Today was spent playing and cleaning.  Ben didn't nap great in the morning so he "helped" me with the laundry, vacuuming, kitchen cleanup, making the beds, cleaning the bathrooms, etc.  He's a pretty stinkin cute helper if I do say so myself.  I knew he'd be pretty tired after all that work so we after we had lunch I put him down for a nap.  Peter and I had decided that if he slept good we'd take him swimming that night.  Well......he must have heard because little guy slept for almost 3 HOURS.  Seriously.  He woke up for 5 minutes after almost 2 hours and I thought he was awake.  I went to go get his bottle and by the time I could finish he had rolled over and fallen asleep again.  Too cute.  I took pictures of how darling he looked on his monitor.



Since he slept so great we decided we'd better take him swimming!  So after we ate dinner, we loaded up and headed to the pool here in town.  It's awesome because it has a big warm pool for the kiddos to play in.  I would have been much less motivated to get out of the house for cold water :-)
Benjamin is such a water baby, he loved swimming.  It doesn't phase him at all when Daddy dunks him under the water.  I can't bring myself to do it!  I didn't take too many pictures because I was joining in on the fun but here are a few....






It was a really fun night out as a family :-)

Oh yeah, as a side note that I want to remember.  Tonight Benjamin totally preferred me over Peter.  That almost never happens but he was very stubborn about it and clung to me when Peter tried to take him before dinner.  Aaaahhhh, it's so fun being a Mommy!  Tomorrow I know he'll go back to being a Daddy's boy but tonight I loved it.

Tomorrow our friends Jeremy & Kristen are watching Benjamin for most of the day so Peter and I can have a "date day."  It kind of makes me want to vomit thinking of being away from my little man but I know it's good for him, and he'll love playing with his friends and he'll be totally fine.  I'm just a baby.  I am looking forward to spending time with my bestest friend tomorrow!  I'll let you know how it all goes tomorrow.

Off to enjoy some tea, mint ice cream and some veg time with the hubby!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...