Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Grout Lines and a Haircut

Today I was tired.  Why was I tired?  Because we were stupid and stayed up too late.  We stayed up too late because Peter wanted to finish the tile project but filling them in with grout and well, I was dumb and said "sure honey".  HA!  Around 11:00pm I told him I was going to go to bed because I hadn't slept much the past couple of nights.........he looked at me and said with those cute green eyes, "you wouldn't want to help would you?"
Oh boy.
Those eyes.
I really have to learn to resist those eyes.
Instead, I grabbed a sponge.


I worked with him until just after midnight making sure the grout lines looked perfect since the tile we purchased had really cool chisled edges.  But that meant you had to kind of "remove" grout from the edges so they weren't covered making the grout lines too thicks.  How's that for completely incorrect tile terminology for ya? :-)  I'll show you what I mean in the picture.

 see how the edges of the tile are chisled, not smooth?
we had to use the sponge to remove the grout from the chiseled edges so it'd have this effect.
When Peter was first working on it, the edges were covered in grout too and I knew it looked "off" so my punishment for telling him how to do it correctly was that I had to help :-)

Here's what it looks like now......

After the grout fully dries we'll add a sealer to the top of them and we'll be done.
Of course Peter is going to replace the bit of drywall next to the tile due to the cat smell issues our house had and we'll give our front door a fresh coat of paint.
But I love the tile......soooooo much nicer than what was there.
I love that my hubby can do stuff like this.  The mortar, grout, cutting the tile....he did it all.  It's awesome that he's handy like that.

In other news.....
I cut Benjamin's hair.  Yep, I did it.  AAAAHHHH!!!
It was kind of sad.  I tried to do it by myself while Peter was at work but if you know my son at all, he does NOT stay still.  So when Peter came home I set Ben on his lap, put on a Praise Baby DVD to distract him and set out to remove the curls that had made themselves known around his ears and at the bottom of his neck.  It really was getting too long.
Still.
I only teared up once.
I didn't get a picture of me actually cutting it because well, I was cutting his hair and Peter was holding him, so there were no picture taker options.  And he was sooooo distracted by his DVD after I was done that I could hardly get a picture.  I need to do a few touch-ups tomorrow when I have great daylight, but here it is.

this is his "I'm watching Praise Baby, don't distract me or get in my way" look :-)
There's a bit of unevenness in the front but I'll fix that...we had small group to run off to tonight.
As to be expected, he wiggled and pushed the comb quite a bit but all in all did okay.

Here's some of his sweet baby locks.....

I love his crazy layered blond hair.  And I the little head it grows on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...