Monday, December 20, 2010

Catching up on last week!

Okay, so I've been a slacker blogger and haven't posted in awhile.  But we've been busy so here's what we've been up to!

Tuesday:  Ran a few errands, including Benjamin's favorite Costco, with my friend Kristen and her kiddos!
Wrapped up all of our Christmas presents!  Had some Mommy/Son playtime :-)

 Hey Mom, I'm really going to love this backyard in the spring aren't I??
I know I'm cute, but is everything I do cause for a picture?  Yes, sweetie, it is.

Wednesday:  Ran errands with the little guy including the post office (hardly no wait which was AWESOME!) and in the evening I took Benjamin to an ornament exchange party with 4 girls from the accounting department at the company I used to work for.  I haven't seen them in a year and they hadn't met Benjamin so it was really fun for them to meet and catch up with their lives over taco salad and apple pie!

Thursday:  I cleaned house and finally decorated our tree.  We had put the lights on and a few of Benjamin's ornaments but I wanted to "finish the job".  I love it!  I had worship team in the evening so Ben hung out with his Daddy.  He loves the Praise Baby DVD's and must really worship with the songs on them.....


After I got home from worship team and Benjamin was asleep, we cozied up by the fireplace with the Christmas lights on to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and drink sparkling cider.  Love movie nights with the hubby.

Friday:  Peter had the day off because of a required furlough day so it was super nice to have him home!  We made pancakes for breakfast and enjoyed a lazy morning.  While Benjamin napped Peter went to the lumber store to get some supplies for our built in bookcase.  I made a few batches of various cookie doughs and we just enjoyed the day together.  In the evening I was in charge of the Christmas Party for our girls group at church.  We had pizza and appetizers, played a Christmas Carol sing-off game, I shared a devotional, we decorated individual gingerbread houses, and had a white elephant gift exchange.  I was pooped at the end of the night but it was really fun!

Saturday:  Another lazy morning which was nice.  Peter took Benjamin to Home Depot with him while I made red velvet cake balls, sugar cookies, buckeyes, coconut balls and prepped for dinner that night.  Later on while Benjamin napped, I went out and bought a few stocking stuffers while Peter drew out plans for the bookshelf.  I came home and made a chicken enchilada ring for dinner which was soooo good.

Unfortunately at dinner time we had our first battle of the wills with Benjamin.


This is his sweet face afterwards, but Benjamin REFUSED to eat anything for dinner.  He had it in his head that he gets to eat string cheese or graham crackers instead of other foods.  We knew he'd like the chicken/cheese enchilada dinner but he wouldn't take a bite.  And wouldn't eat any other parts of his dinner either.  We realized that he was hungry but was "testing" us to see if we'd give in and give him what he wanted.  So we tried to hold our ground and for nearly 40 minutes he screamed and cried (real tears!) and arched his back.  He was mad.  We calmly kept asking him to take a bite and he refused.  So he screamed some more and we tried again, and again, and again until FINALLY he took a bite.


Then he proceeded to eat the rest of the chicken (like we knew he would!) and ate the rest of his fruit and vegetables too.  STINKER.  It was sooooo hard to not give in when his cries were so pitiful but we knew it was what was best for him.  I have a feeling I'll be saying a lot of prayers for patience and wisdom as we learn how to shape our son into a boy who obeys his parents (and ultimately obeys the Lord.)

After he ate we were all hugs and smiles and life was great again!  Here's a few pictures of our precious boy under our Christmas tree.  He is definitely our FAVORITE gift this year.

 he looooves this rocker
 I adore this sweet face
 such a goof
 a smile to melt a mama's heart
a smile full of 3 (almost 4!) teefers!

Sunday:  Benjamin ate cheerios with Daddy on the couch while Daddy worked on his Sunday school lesson.

such a sweet memory of a Daddy and son!

We enjoyed a great church service and came home for lunch.  Benjamin was not in the mood to take pictures before church (is he ever, really?) but he did look cute despite his cheesy not quite smile!






Benjamin napped while Peter and I dipped buckeyes in chocolate and then we headed over to the Zderads to give presents to their kiddos.  Benjamin was given a super cute blanket they made with monkeys riding skateboards.....so warm and cozy!  We shared leftovers for a small dinner then headed to a live nativity.

What I thought we were going to was like the other live nativities I'd been to.  A stable outside with donkeys, cows, etc and Mary and Joseph dressed up in character with the shepherds and wise men.  So I was all prepped for the event with winter hats/gloves in the diaper bag.  However, it ended up being a live nativity....but was a concert/play with live animals.  Too funny.  So Benjamin went to their nursery for an hour until he started crying and they walked with him in front of the bleachers hoping his mom (me) would notice/recognize him and come give him comfort.  HA!  So I held him in the back for the next hour and he was great, he loved the music and was just enjoying his mama holding him (my arm killed after awhile!)  While we were towards the back Benjamin got to get up close with the donkey and loooooved petting his ears.  He would pet him, smile, and shudder.  Over and over again.  It was hilarious!

I brought my camera but since it was a play it wasn't appropriate to take pictures so I didn't.  It was pretty well done for being put on by a church and we enjoyed our evening.

So there you go.....that's an update.  This week is busy with house cleaning, packing, planning for our girls nights 2011, babysitting a friend's child on Wednesday morning, a small group Christmas party on Wednesday night and leaving for Idaho on Thursday morning!!  Shew, I need a nap just thinking about it.

Hey Auntie Amanda........I'M COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...