Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Falling Behind

I feel a bit behind on blogging.  It just seems like there's always something that needs to be done that prevents me from writing up a post.  I've got a lot to catch up on so here it is:

*  Friday was our Girls Night Bible Study and we had a movie night.  Some of the girls couldn't "get in" to Pride & Prejudice so we chatted in the dining room instead.  Let me tell you though, God is moving in some of those girls' hearts!  It's awesome to see them seeking Him and to have opportunities to share His truth with them.  It's what it's all about!

*  I also made a pizza dip for the girls and it was DELICIOUS.  Wish there was leftovers....

*  Saturday morning was spent running a few errands and things around the house.  In the afternoon we went to the birthday party of our friend's little girl, Haddie.  We love this little girl and can't believe she's 5!!  It was fun to celebrate with her.

*  Sunday morning we went to church.  Afterward, my friend Vicki and I were taking 8 girls to the Rock & Worship Roadshow in Portland!!!



It was awesome!!!  During a few of the artists I realized that I'm not 16 anymore because I couldn't even look at the stage with all the lights, etc and I couldn't hardly understand a word.  BUT, the girls loved it.  Mercy Me was incredible and the girls very clearly heard the Gospel of Jesus.  What a great opportunity for them to see 12,000 people all there to worship God.  It was super fun though getting home at 12:30am nearly killed me! :-)

*  Peter had Daddy duty while I was at the concert but he ended up going to the home of a family from our church and stayed there all afternoon.  This family has 10 kids so they all helped with Benjamin and he LOVED all the new toys and attention.  I was glad Peter was able to enjoy the day while I was away.

*  I'm now catching up on laundry and cleaning.  We're having our small group at our house this week so I have to wash all the drool streams off my floor before they come, ha!

* Benjamin is at SUCH A FUN AGE.  I'm seriously loving it.  He is so goofy and so happy most of the time.  I just love it.  He is now walking EVERYWHERE.  I'm still getting used to the fact that I turn around and he's RIGHT THERE because he can walk right behind you.  I am just really enjoying this stage.  That being said, he is into E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.  He's decided to nap only about 45 minutes at a time and is just on the go, all the time.  It's crazy busy but I love it.  I'm so thankful for him.

*  I'm pumped because Peter and I are going away on Friday night.  Without Benjamin.  Though the thought still makes me kinda sick I know he'll be fine.  Our best friends are going to watch him and I know he'll have a blast.  Peter and I are going to another concert with Steve Green, Twila Paris, etc.....so it'll be a little different style than the last concert I went to :-) but it'll be awesome.  We'll probably hit up a Cheesecake Factory and sleep 8 uninterupted hours.  You know, pretty much heaven on earth!  It'll be nice to have a little time for just the two of us.

Okay, I think I'm caught up.  Here's a few pictures of my little love!

He had Cheerios in both hands so when one fell on the piano bench, he decided to just dive for it, ha!

taking his new car out for a spin in the neighborhood

apparently he thinks he needs an upgrade to a real car too!

my little monkey climber....he climbed all over the car

oh how I love to look at this face

showing off his hairstyle from the nap he just woke up from :-)

he loves to slide!

but he loves his Daddy even more!  He's been obsessed with his Daddy lately and it's adorable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...