Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sickness & Spring Cleaning

We've all had just a bit of sickness the past couple of days.  Benjamin has a runny nose and a pretty good cough.  I've had flu-like symptoms minus the actual throwing up...I just had no appetite and only ate toast/applesauce for 3 meals (no, family, I am not pregnant!)  Peter has a bit of a sore throat and kind of the "sick tiredness" you sometimes feel.  Overall though, we're starting to feel a bit better, it's just been a long couple of days.

We had a good rest of the weekend, it seemed to fly by.  We sold our 1990 Honda to a teen from our church on Sunday, I made a roast dinner, and we cleaned a bit and vegged a bit.  Sunday night was super long because Benjamin woke up at 4am and was awake until almost 7am.  Not sure what the deal was other than the fact that he's a bit sick.  So, I was super tired and add to that that I had zero energy and didn't feel like eating anything.  It was a long day and we didn't do much of anything since Benjamin was kind of lethargic too....we stayed in our jammies all day.

Today I felt a bit better but still had toast and applesauce for lunch.  I spent the morning and afternoon cleaning and then spring cleaning the upstairs.  I finished the downstairs last week and tackled level two today.  That is, I spring cleaned while Benjamin the Tornado tore apart our bonus room/play room.  Seriously, that kid wears me out.  I can't get enough of him though!! :-)  Needless to say, my back is killing me tonight but it feels soooo good to have organized closets, night stands, bathroom cabinets, drawers, etc. 

Tonight Peter had Benjamin propped up on our guest bathroom sink while he washed his hands, but then he let Benjamin touch the water, which quickly led to Benjamin jumping in the sink.  Oh boy!  He loved it, and it provided great entertainment for all of us :-)







A little while later, I came out into the hallway and found Benjamin just relaxin' the night away :-)

 he needed a rest from the mess (see the background in the next picture) he created!
 ha ha ha, Mama has to go clean up my mess now!
 he's CRAZY!

We finally calmed things down a bit, gave him a real bath not in the sink, and Daddy read him a Bible story before bedtime!


I'm not sure how well he's going to sleep because of his cough, but I'm praying he gets some rest so he can become completely healthy again!

Also, today is Peter's Dad's birthday so we want to wish Poppy a very Happy Birthday!  We love you :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...