Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away!

Who's ready for Spring and sunshine?  I know I sure am! 
It's been a good weekend though despite the amount of rain we've had lately.  It has seriously rained so much this past week!  Anyway, Saturday was low key...we just spent the day working on a few projects and watching the March Madness.  I ran a few errands while Ben slept and that was about our excitement.  Friday night was our Girl's Night youth group event again and this time we had a "Million Dollar Shopping Spree" at the mall where the girls had to "spend" a million at the mall on various items and the team who spent the most won.  It was pretty fun and I think the girls enjoyed it....especially the Coldstone Ice cream cake we shared in the food court afterward :-)  I took Benjamin with me so Peter could have a night to himself and he loooooved walking around the mall and having extra attention from the girls in the van, ha!

Today was church this morning, then we had leftovers for lunch.  One of the high school girls crashed at our place for a bit so we had to whip out the "obligatory chocolate chip cookies for company" that were in our freezer....which I may or may not have made on Thursday night while we were watching basketball because well......just because.  Anyway, Benjamin napped, we vegged and when he woke up we decided to head outside for a bit during a let up in the rain.

I found my other lens for my camera (Peter is trying to fix the other one.....oh boy!) so I was able to take a few pictures.  It was soooo nice to have my camera back :-)

Here's the actual van we purchased....looks about the same as the other pic but I just want to document it for my own memory!  We're liking the extra space...we're content in the fact that we really just as "mini-van" people, ha.

Here's a bunch of pictures from our evening outside, it was nice to get some fresh air and watch Benjamin explore his neighborhood as a walker now!  We are going to have soo much fun this summer.

 taking a cracker break on our front porch after the rain started up again during our "drive" around the neighborhood!
 yes, Benjamin, you live a pretty good life don't you? :-)
 he hasn't yet grasped the "one at a time" concept :-)
 I love, love, love to kiss those cheeks!!
 I am SO blessed to be his mama
 Daaaadddddy, stop tickling me!
 his laugh just kills me, it is so contagious!
 since the rain stopped and he was wearing his big boy shoes, it was time to go for a walk....
 the doting Daddy close behind as he gets used to wearing the shoes outside (he's really only worn the Robeez much while he's been learning to walk)
 why do I think he looks so grown up in this picture?  Aah!
 practicing his politician wave to all his neighborhood supporters!
 he was having the time of his life walking around our neck of the woods!
 just Benjamin NOT wanting to hold onto Daddy's hand (I have no idea where he gets his independent streak from, ha!!)
if I knew this wasn't forced for a picture, it'd sure be a sweet moment.  It's still cute though :-)  It is so fun to see them interact.

Benjamin is now in bed, I am debating on my choice of ice cream bar for tonight, Peter's working on the bookshelf and I might watch an old HGTV show online....yes, we really are that exciting. 

Bye everybody, until next time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...