Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chick-fil-A, dance class & a movie night

One of the biggest reasons Peter was jealous that I was going to San Diego (other than seeing his sister and his kiddos!) is that I was more than likely going to go to Chick-fil-A.  It's a fast food joint but it has the greatest chicken sandwiches, is run and owned by Christians, and is such a fun place to go.  So go we did! 

Unfortunately, Benjamin likes their chicken a lot too which meant I had to share more of my sandwich than I really wanted to, boo hoo hoo.  It was all delicious though!  Then we let the kiddos play in the play area.  Katie made a new friend which was fun to see, and Jack made his Mom and I laugh when he stood up for himself to a little girl who referred to herself as "Princess Aurora" and had quite the little attitude for a 2 year old.  We were dying laughing at Jack making sure she knew that he really did indeed watch volcanos on the (com)puter that morning.  (All 3 kiddos sat in my lap for the longest time watching random videos about volcanos on youtube....here's the picture to prove it, take that Princess Aurora!)  :-)

(In fact, we were so inspired about volcanos that Anita actually made a volcano with leftover playdoh and we let the kids watch the experiment in the driveway later in the afternoon)

We headed home to put the kids down for a nap, and then I was so thrilled because I got to take Katie to her dance class.  Oh. my. goodness.  She is adorable.  She sticks out her tongue like Michael Jordan as she dances and it's just hilarious.  I couldn't take any pictures because there's only a small door opening for you to view the girls and there were lots of other moms there blocking my view (watching their own girls).  It was so fun to get to watch Katie though, I wish I could be there for her recital in the next month.

After naps were over we headed to the dollar store so Katie and Jack could spend the money that their Nana and Papa sent them from Guam.  They were in heaven! 

Afterward we picked up a pizza from Papa Johns.  We got home and it was some BBQ chicken nonesense that we had NOT ordered.  So after calling them to discover they wouldn't deliver to us because we were a different city (we're only 3 miles from them) I had to go back and pick up the pizza we did order!  Don't worry though, they're also getting a free pizza on their next visit for the hassle :-)  The kids didn't mind the BBQ chicken one though and they happily ate that while they watched their Tinkerbell movie for movie night.

After the movie it was time for bed.  Anita and I may or may not have had some more dessert while watching Flashpoint.....we were so good earlier in the week, does that count for something?  Anyway, once again we stayed up way too late but I was enjoying my last night hanging out in San Diego with Anita.  Tomorrow I'd have to finish packing and start dreading the plane ride home.....at least on the other end of the trip was my amazing hubby who I couldn't wait to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...