Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day

Lucky for me, my Mother's Day started out very early!  As in 6:00am early.  And seeing as how I'm such a morning person, you know how much this delighted me.  Benjamin woke up in a new place and was not too happy.  I tried to get him to go back down, tried to let him sleep with me, tried to give him books.....he was having none of it.  So finally I got up to get ready for church and thought he could entertian himself with toys in the bathroom.  He didn't.  He wanted in the shower, but once I brought him into the shower, he didn't want to get wet.  Um....yeah.  So he was crying and tired and I got a two minute shower, it was delightful.  The cousins did manage to have breakfast together even though he was still a bit of a Mr. Cranky Pants.

Anita was super sweet and had got me a few things for Mother's Day!!

But don't worry, Benjamin (with a little help from Daddy) had made sure I was taken care of at home before we left for our trip.  I was spoiled to say the least!



Benjamin was good at church nursery then we headed home where we took a quick picture of all the cousins together.  I know we're biased but we think they're stinkin cute!!

We gave the kids a quick snack and put them down for a nap.  You guessed it....Benjamin slept 1 hour and woke up crying miserably.  I knew he needed sleep more than anything so I went and rocked him so he could sleep and he did for another hour and 10 minutes.  We got up and got ready to go because we were off to spend one of the Mother's Day presents Peter got for Anita and I....
I'm convinced that The Cheesecake Factory is my love language :-)

We thought we'd hit the "off" time at the restaurant but apparently on Mother's Day, there is no "off" time.  We had an hour wait to be seated so we let the kids walk at the outside mall across the street and they were great.  Once we were seated, the whole dining experience took 2 hours from first sitting to getting dessert.  The kids were super all things considered.  I only took Benjamin out for a quick walk while we were waiting for dessert.  The food was sooooo good and the kids were good so despite all the effort it is to entertain 4 kids at a crazy busy restaurant, it was a delightful dinner (thanks again sweetie!)  The kids were great in the car ride home, Benjamin fell asleep....it was pretty cute.  I turned his car seat to be forward facing since he met all the requirements a long time ago and it's easier in the back of the van and he looks like such a big boy!!

We got the kids to bed, called our Moms, and ate our Adams Peanut Butter Caramel whatever you wanna call it yumminess Cheesecake.  The perfect cap to the night.  So although my Mother's Day had a few frustrations due to a very tired little boy, I spent the day feeling soooo grateful for the blessing of my sweet Benjamin.  I am blessed beyond measure and I don't take for granted the privilege I know it is to be his Mama.  Even on the days he wakes me up at 6am, ha! :-)  I love you more than words can say Benjamin, thanks for making me a happy Mama.

And Happy Mother's Day (again) to my amazing Mom.  She seriously is the strongest, most loving woman and I owe so much to her for her love and dedication in my life.  She makes a great Nana too....Benjamin says he loves ya and can't wait to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...