Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Plane Trip to San Diego!

Sorry (to my 2 blog readers) for being MIA for the past few days but I'm now in San Diego!  We left early in the morning for the airport so Benjamin was awake about 6am.  I'd been on planes with him before but always when he was still young enough to be in his infant carseat, so I must say that I was a bit nervous about how I was going to keep an antsy 15 month old boy on my lap for close to 2 1/2 hours.

We made it through security fine though, and he did pretty good waiting to board.  I had brought lots of books and snacks to keep him entertained but since he was up so early that morning he actually fell asleep on my lap during takeoff.  It was awesome!  He took about a 40 minute nap which was a great blessing.  The rest of the trip he was entertained with snacks and books and about 20 minutes of a Praise Baby DVD.  All in all, he did great and I was so thankful to the Lord for the safe and easy travels.

We arrived in Long Beach and were SO excited to see (Aunt) Anita, Katie, Jack and Mandy!!!!  It was my first time to meet baby Mandy and she was soooo precious.

I just knew the kids were going to have fun together all week (despite what you see in this picture, ha!). 

We headed to a McDonalds for lunch and to give the kids some playtime, then we headed home.  They were absolute angels in the car.  We had a low key evening, ate a yummy dinner, got settled in, and put the kids to put right on time.  Anita and I watched a few shows on Netflix and just got caught up on life.  It was a perfect first day in California even though we missed Peter(Daddy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...