Sunday, May 1, 2011

The good kind of tired

Tonight I'm feeling tired.  But the good kind of tired.  The kind of tired where you're so ready to go to bed but only because you've had a weekend full of fun things!!

Saturday morning, our EPIC girls group went to do the high ropes course at the christian camp nearby.  It wasn't super warm in the morning but when the sun came out, it was nice.  I was absolutely terrified because I hate heights, but I somehow convinced myself to go.  One of the girls in our group was absolutely petrified and wanted to hold my hand most of the time as we were doing the course, which made it a bit more difficult :-)  However, it was really nice to have to focus all my energy on getting her through the course rather than realizing I'm 60+ feet in the air with only a "little" rope holding me up.  Okay, so the rope can hold 5,000 pounds and we use 2 of them, but whatever!  There were definitely some challenging parts of the course and some parts that were pretty scary, but all in all, it was a blast and all the girls loved it!  I'd probably do it again....maybe!
 climbing up the first tree to start the course
 one of the girls navigating the swinging blocks (not so easy!!!)
 me helping my friend across the course slowly but surely!
 hanging out on the spider web hammock in the sky (not super relaxing considering it's 60 feet in the air!)
 if you go up, you must zip line down!
EPIC girls at Tadmor

After we were done, we had lunch then I had to take a few girls home.  One high school gal stayed the night with us last night so it was fun to have her over.  We walked around downtown with Benjamin while Peter worked on getting some moss off our roof....

then we watched the new Narnia movie, which in all honesty I'm not sure I completely watched because I was SO sleepy.  

I woke up early because my friend had to leave by 8am, then we went to church.  It was a great service and I loooooved getting to see some friends that used to go to our church but now live in Portland.  They need to come visit more often and stay longer!  Their kids are simply gorgeous and they are the cutest, fun loving couple.  It was great to see them.....come again soon, hint hint Heather!!

While Benjamin napped after church Peter and I worked in the yard some.  We're preparing our side yard to put mulch down.  Since we're a corner lot we have a pretty big side yard that already has trees/bushes/etc...but it needed to be weeded and raked in prep for the mulch.  So we worked for a few hours then came inside because we were heading to Foster Lake for the evening to have a picnic and do a little fishing with Jeremy and Kristen and their kiddos.  It was such a beautiful day and it was really nice to get outside and enjoy the sunshine.  They boys didn't have a single fish even bite their line but it was fun nonetheless.  Good friends truly are a treasure!

I don't have any pictures from Foster Lake because I'm a dork and left the camera in the car, but I took a few when I got home.  I know I'm biased, but my little guy is stinkin cute.  

 the pictures aren't in complete focus because he is always moving!

Oh, and on the way home he said "Floppy" for the first time.  I kept saying "Floppy!" then he'd laugh and say "Floppy", and that cycle would repeat over and over.  It's not perfect sounding but he said it really well!!  He's been sooo much more vocal lately.  He can say his friends, Elijah and Micah's names pretty clearly.  He's also learned how to slide down the stairs on his tummy.


I'm hoping to head to bed a bit early tonight and get a good night's rest.  
We're praying for Peter's dad....he's really not feeling well so we're hoping he feels better soon!  Love you Poppy!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being a blog follower! And if you have any practical advice for raising PK's, I'd love to hear what you have to say sometime!

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...