Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Yard Work and a bunch of pictures

I've been feeling kind of cruddy the past couple of days with a head cold, fever, and bit of a sore throat but I'm feeling a little better tonight.  I really hate feeling sick.  Part of me wishes you could just stay in bed and rest until you felt better but there's something about us women that just stubbornly push through and go about our lives as normal even though we feel bad.  Not sure why it's hard to let ourselves get "babied" but it is.  Anyway....

yesterday evening Peter continued weeding in our front yard prepping it for mulch.  We've had some decent sunshine the past 2 nights which has been great!  Benjamin helped too :-)  I took a few "before" pictures so we could compare how it used to look with how it looks once its completed.

 our front yard with lots of weed killer starting to do its dirty work!
 raking up the top layer on the side yard near the street
 side yard closest to the fence that needs to be weeded
 the house projects never seem to end!
 Benjamin was quite the helper
 just because I love little baby bums in jeans
 its about time he started to earn his keep :-)
 such sweetness between these two
love this pic of my boy and his sweet shadow

Benjamin has been such a happy boy lately!  He's sleeping well, napping well and is just a pure DELIGHT to be around.  Except for a brief moment yesterday when I wouldn't give him my cellphone, ha....

He's learning new things every day.  This morning he started stacking blocks on his own.  I've done this with him lots of times but this was the first time he did it all on his own!

We have a bird feeder outside our dining room window and the finches are back!  Benjamin noticed them for the first time tonight and I think he'll love watching them as much as I do.


Tonight was spaghetti night.  Why oh why did I decide to mop my floor this afternoon, I have no idea?  He sure enjoyed himself though!


After dinner we took Benjamin for a "drive" around the neighborhood.  He still loves his car, thanks again Nana and Grandfather!!
 LOVE these guys!
 this is a whole lotta cuteness
 his smile melts my heart
Benjamin enjoying his evening drive

We came home and gave Benjamin a bath.  He was making some goofy faces tonight.


We're really enjoying him at this age.  It is an absolute blast to watch him learn new things, say new words, imitate what we're doing, and his goofy little personality is so fun.  I had music playing this morning and he just parked his little bum right in front of the cd player and bounced up and down while he listened.  It was adorable.  I'm so glad God chose me to be his mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...