Thursday, May 19, 2011

So long San Diego!

Despite my best efforts to make the week stretch as long as possible, Saturday morning finally came which meant it was time to re-load the suitcase and prep for the flight home.  I was super psyched to see Peter, it was just sad to leave Anita, Katie, Jack and Mandy.  I wish we lived closer so we could see them more often!

We had a low key morning while we packed, caught up on laundry, etc.  Anita snapped this silly picture of my dork of a son!

We had to leave for the airport about 12:30, so we made a quick stop for some nuggets in the Wendy's drive thru and then we were off.  Once we arrived Anita had the brilliant idea for me to pay the $2 to use the curbside checking.  AMAZING.  They checked me in right there on the curb while Anita was with Ben in the stroller, and I didn't have to lug Benjamin in his stroller with his carseat and our bag.  Did I mention that it was AMAZING.  Such a relief.  Security was a breeze because Long Beach is a small airport.  Keeping him entertained for the next hour in a small airport was a little harder, but we just did a lot of walking and looking at airplanes.  

I was seriously praying so much that he would be good on the flight.  He napped in the car on the hour drive to the airport so I wasn't banking on a nap but was hoping he'd be decent.  He was sooooo good.  We read lots of stories, ate cookies, watched part of a DVD, and looked out the window.  Even though I didn't have an empty seat next to me this time, I was on the aisle which gave me extra "elbow room."  I was so thankful that he was so well behaved.  Granted, if the plane ride had been a 1/2 hour longer he probably would have melted down, but thankfully it wasn't :-)

We arrived in perfect time, because once our luggage finally came through, Peter was outside to pick us up!  It was SO GOOD to see him.  Benjamin was sleepy but smiled a huge smile when he saw him.  He acted like a goofball most of the way home before finally falling asleep.  Of course, we needed dinner so we had to stop for an awesome burger at Fuddruckers.  YUM.  We came home and pretty much went right to sleep because we were all exhausted.  I'll show you what Peter was up to in the yard while I was away soon!  He worked SO hard and I'm so grateful for the work he did.  We were finally home again as a family and it was wonderful!
This pic was from Sunday but these two were sure glad to be with each other again.  Benjamin missed his Daddy.....and I'm pretty sure Daddy missed Benjamin too :-)

That's it for the San Diego pictures.  Thanks again Anita for being such an awesome hostess.  We survived a week with 4 kiddos and no husbands.  Wish we could tag-team parent all the time....can't wait to see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...