Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Sortin' Fool

I think I've been bit by the springtime fever bug a bit early because I'm cleaning, organizing and purging everything!  I've gone through all my baby boy clothing, putting them in organized tote bins, categorized by age.  They're all neatly folded....finally.  I've always lazily tossed them in tubs when the boys outgrew that size.  And I got rid of tons of clothes that weren't really my style or I didn't need.  Actually I'm ot getting rid of them, I'm going to have a garage sale with my best friend so we can raise money for our own garage sale getaway extravaganza this summer!

So today, Micah asked if Benjamin could come play for the day and he was super excited.  He packed his backpack and waited by the front door!

I think Jonah was a wee bit excited that he wasn't going to have to share attention with his brother for the day :-)



Why is it that when you suddenly go from two kids to one kid you feel as though you could tackle the world?  So, while I didn't exactly do that, I did decide to sort through all the ginormous amounts of girls clothing my wonderful SIL Anita gave me from her girls.  What a blessing to have a head start on the maybe someday baby girl? (Totally NOT pregnant btw)

This is what my living room looked like most of the day (and honestly it wasn't even all the clothes brought in from the garage yet) 

Katie and Mandy were well dressed little girls!  And it was really fun to take a walk down memory lane seeing the outfits I could remember them wearing....and even a few(or many) that Auntie April bought for them :-)

It took almost all day long and took a lot of um, "repositioning" Jonah from destroying my nice neat piles, but I got it done.  Hip hip hooray, I got it done.

Peter came home just before I put the clothes neatly into the storage totes and he just laughed at me.  He knows I'm borderline crazy when I start organizing.  I think my boys are afraid they're going to be labeled, folded and stuffed in a tote if they're not careful.  No promises boys, no promises.

I'm just a sortin' fool on a mission to organize, de-clutter, and maybe raise a buck or two for my garage saleing habit :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...