Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Oh Benjamin...

I just wanted to write down a few of the funny things Benjamin has said or done lately.  He is so quick witted which makes for a lot of giggles and a lot of creative discipline!

*  Over Christmas I told my sister I couldn't help with her dog because I wasn't a "dog person".  So a few week later when I asked Benjamin to help his brother learn to walk he told me "No, I can't.....I'm not a walking person."

*  he calls the onion rings from Burger King "ugly rings"

*  our new bedroom routine consists of me saying "I love you to....."  and he says "the moon and back, with all my heart, and soooo much"  And I say, "nope, only a little bit"  and he says "only a lot!"  and I say "yep, only a lot!"

*  anytime we go shopping at thrift stores he asks if we can "find some guys"  He's always hoping for a new Kung Fu panda figure or a new bug from Bug's Life

*  anytime he wants to do something fun it is always "after naptime...."  or "if I take a really good nap then we can....."  Apparently he thinks the secret to getting Mommy to do what he wants is to take a really long nap.  And quite frankly, he may be right, ha!

*  one day he had already had his afternoon snack but when Jonah was eating his crackers, he asked for some.  I told him no, we would be having dinner soon.  He asked and asked and I kept saying no, you are not going to have another snack.  He got quiet and then said, "Crackers are food.  Crackers are food, not a snack.  Can I have some food?"  Oh mercy.

*  At the furniture store I told Ben not to climb on the rocks by the pond.  I told him the sign said "Please do not let children climb rocks"  He thought for a second then said, "I know!  I can read.  It says children you can climb the rocks.  That means we can."

*  A few days ago he told me, "I'm four.  I'm 4 years old.  Going on 8."  (He's 3)

*  He went potty a few days ago and I heard some strange electronic sounds coming from the bathroom.  I went in and found this...


Love this kid.

1 comment:

  1. Not a walking person...I love it!!!
    More! More! More! More!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...