Saturday, February 16, 2013

Our Week

I didn't really mean to go a week without posting, but it looks like that's what I did!  So since the boys are napping and I'm still in my pajamas at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon (don't judge!) I thought I'd recap our week.

Monday was low key in the morning.  Ben had his 3 year well child check-up that afternoon and just as we suspected, he is healthy and smart!  Then we got a call that Grandma Racke went into the hospital so we were praying so much for her and God answered in a big way.....it wasn't a stroke she suffered, it was something much more treatable!  We were so grateful.  Peter then went to visit a guy from one of the family's in our church who had overdosed and was in a coma in the hospital so he was gone for a few hours.  He ended up being okay too but it was a bit of an emotional night with all of these happenings.
what a goober

Tuesday we went to go pick up some new tile for our upstairs bathrooms.  I found a steal of a deal on craigslist and since the hubby agreed to the project "because he loves me" we loaded it up.  The tile is really similar to the tile we used in our entry way and fireplace and should update the vinyl nicely.  I told Peter I'd take the boys to San Diego again for a week so he could work on the project....aren't I just the most supportive wife ever??? :-)

Here's the tile....

here's the current vinyl flooring....

It's nice and neutral, but hopefully the tile update will help us compete with the new construction in our neighborhood when we go to sell way down the road.  Right Peter????  Ha!
the boys had some energy to burn off after we got home

Tuesday night after the boys go to bed my accountability group met again.  I love those girls, and love sharing life with them.  We give each other encouragement, advice, share stories, pray for each other.  We don't want the evening to end and this week didn't leave until nearly midnight, yikes!

Wednesday was a busy day running errands, making dinner for small group, teaching piano lessons.  Then we went to small group and went to bed early.

Thursday Kristen took my boys for the morning.  We decided to "swap" mornings watching each other's boys' and it was great.  I highly suggest finding a friend to do this with from time to time.  I had to give a friend a ride to pick up her car then I came home to clean and pick up my house for an hour, play piano, read a bit.  Then Peter and I had a lunch date at a yummy local Chinese place.  Love getting to have those fun lunch dates.  Double bonus that it was actually Valentine's Day too!  We don't normally go out or do much to celebrate this holiday, but I'll never turn down a lunch date.  I got the boys Valentine's Day cookies and they were quite pleased with their treat.





Friday I watched Kristen's boys in the morning.  It's definetly a full morning but so fun.  I taught another piano lesson that afternoon, we ate leftovers then I headed to our EPIC event that night.  We had fondue, Bible study, hot tubbing and a chick flick for the girls last night at one of our leader's homes.  It was a great night, though let me tell you.....4 sugared up junior highers in your car at 10pm.  Goodness.  Just thankful I survived.  (I was kicking myself for forgetting my camera that night!)



Saturday we are just being lazy yet kind of productive.  We played with the boys all morning long and just had the best time.  It's a fun stage of life we're in.  They're napping now after inhaling every bit of food I could find for their breakfast and lunch (growth spurts boys???).  I love days like this.  We'll probably eat too much Thin Mint ice cream tonight and watch Shark Tank and Touch.  Touch is Kiefer Sutherland's new show and it's so similar to 24 but in a bit less "the world's going to blow up in 3 seconds" kind of way.  We're enjoying it, it's on FOX.

Here's a few more random pictures from our week....

Peter wanted a small notebook to keep in his pocket so he could "get organized".  I told him he'd either lose it or put it through the wash within a weekI win.   

he is such a nut.  Close to walking, and such a nut. 

See?  He's crazy. 

Ben insisted on getting me ready for bed one night.  He gave me his animals and his one guy (he picks one figure to sleep with each night).  He tucked me in, sang me songs and read me a story.  Love his sweet, sensitive side!
(Ignore the Thomas undies by my head.....they were still wet coming out of the dryer, ha!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...