Monday, February 18, 2013

Celebrity Look-a-like?

It's one of those moments that every girl hopes will happen someday.

That moment when a relative stranger comes up to you and says you look like a celebrity.

I mean, who wouldn't want to be compared to a beautiful actress?  You can tell me I look like Jennifer Garner all day long.  You'd be lying, but you can tell me nonetheless.  All day long.

Well, Sunday after church the mother-in-law of one of my friends came up to me and asked if I watched Downton Abbey.

BUT OF COURSE.

She then went on to ask me if anyone's ever told me that I look like Daisy.

For a second I was a little flattered.  How kind of her to think that I looked like a beautiful actress from the wildly successful show.

Then it became a bit awkward because I realized she said Daisy.  Daisy as in the assistant cook to the hilarious Mrs. Patmore.  Daisy as in the kind, simple girl who "pity-married" the brave William.  Daisy as in the girl who is overlooked by the footmen due to her underwhelming looks.

Yep, that Daisy.

No regal leading actress for me.  No sophisticated Lady of the house.

Daisy.

My poor husband was there and the mother-in-law asked him if he agreed.  It went against every "husband rule" he knew to agree that his wife looks like the sweet simpleton of the house.  I think he filled the slightly awkward moment with nervous laughter, ha!

Now, granted.  This lady isn't too far off.  I do resemble her.

And I do know that I am not a sophisticated Lady of the house.

But here's to hoping someone mistakenly calls me Jennifer in the grocery line this week :-)

3 comments:

  1. Ok, that would miff me at first, too, but the real actress is soooo pretty when she is made up with her hair done and not wearing sad kitchen maid clothes. She has beautiful bone structure and great hair just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had at least three people tell me over the years that I look like Jodie Foster when she was younger.... I don't know how I feel about that. :) I just started watching Downtown Abbey last week after hearing so much about it, and I'm hooked too now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/downton-abbey-what-does-the-cast-really-look-like-slideshow/sophie-mcshera-daisy-photo--521609281.html

    Here's what a bunch of them look like out of their Downton persona's!

    Here's this one for you beautiful friend. My Disney character look-a-like per the picture and quiz at Disneyland is...Lady!!! From Lady and the Tramp! Not even a person, A DOG! ;)

    Oh and I'm still reeling from the finale!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...