Thursday, February 21, 2013

An hour

Decaf vanilla latte.  Peaceful instrumental music.  The perfect amount of quiet conversation around you.  Overstuffed comfortable chair.

This has been my hour.

My husband is a thoughtful man who knows that it is sometimes overwhelming being with two young boys at home, all day long, every day.  For Christmas he gave me a gift card to the local coffeeshop and insisted I save it for those days when I need a break. 

Today was one of those days.

One of those days where you're overwhelmed even to tears, frustrated, tired, drained, suffocated.  I don't like to dwell on these days, especially on my blog, but I can't pretend they don't exist.

So I waved my white flag, texted my husband this afternoon and asked(begged) for an hour break after he got home. 



this is what they were like nearly all day

With each sip of my coffee I can't help but be grateful.  Grateful for a husband who loves me and does what he can to encourage me in my role as wife and mother.  And grateful for a husband that knows me well enough to know that I was about 15 minutes away from locking myself in the garage.

Oh goodness, sometimes an hour is just what you need to take a breath and refocus.  Thank you Lord, for my husband.

1 comment:

  1. God blesses those hours and they somehow multiply our deep in our hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...