Sunday, February 3, 2013

Benjamin is 3!!!!!!!!

Today is my oldest boy's birthday.  Benjamin, the amazing little guy who first made me a Mama, is now 3 years old.  THREE.  I don't know, three just seems so big.

We have spent the past 2 days celebrating and loving on him.  He was finally feeling better just in time for his birthday so we were really grateful.

Saturday morning after breakfast we headed to the Dollar Store so he could pick out his 2 birthday balloons.  This is always a much anticipated treat!  We ran a few errands then came home for lunch and naps.

That night we headed to Jeremy & Kristen's for a joint birthday party with their little guy Micah.  Micah and Benjamin share a birthday, just one year apart.  Almost to the minute, so it's pretty cool.  Those two guys are best friends so the fact that they can celebrate together is pretty perfect.

The boys were sooo excited to play with one another since they'd been apart while they were sick.  And we loved sharing dinner and sharing life with our friends.  Then it was time for cake!

I had found a Thomas cake pan on craigslist for super cheap so I was all set for the cake.  I am not a fancy cake decorator, in fact, I have never even used the Wilton tips before.  But I decided that I would attempt it since it was my son's THREE year old birthday.  It turned out to be the perfect project for this mama who was stuck at home all week with sick boys.

It wasn't perfect but it turned out pretty cute!


Benjamin was delighted when he first saw his cake on party morning.


Kristen was making birthday treats for their Sunday school class since their birthday actually fell on Sunday, so I decided to make Micah a little cake too so they could each have one.  He's obsessed with Star Wars so Peter suggested a lightsaber, so that's what I did.  I just winged it, but it turned out kinda cute.

Benjamin had the biggest smile on his face when we sang to him.  He was so happy to finally be celebrating his birthday.

I couldn't get over how much the boys did not look like toddlers anymore.  This is what they looked like together on their birthday last year....

and this was this year....

See what I mean?  They are so big.  Not a shred of toddlerhood left.  It is so sad how fast time is flying by.

Anyway, after cake (of which Benjamin didn't eat a bite because he doesn't really like cake) it was time for presents.  Benjamin looooved his Kung Fu Panda 2 DVD, Thomas books, nerf gun, Monsters Inc figures, blue beetle, fruit snacks, bubbles, and truck.  He is a spoiled and loved little guy!!!



It was a fabulous party celebrating my most FAVORITE 3 year old on the planet.  That night, I kissed my little boy before he went to bed as his last night being two.  Boy I love him.

Today we had church and our annual business mtg, but they celebrated with special treats in children's church and by wearing matching striped shirts (I'll have to steal the picture from Kristen)

We came home and took naps, then headed to McDonalds for dinner for his annual birthday Happy Meal!  Both boys thoroughly enjoyed themselves.  He came home and opened up his new Thomas Leapster game and talked to the grandparents on the phone.  Now he's watching his new Kung Fu Panda 2 show with a giant smile on his face (and his Furious 5 figures in his hands)  Oh my sweet boy, you are too much for my heart to handle.




Benjamin Daniel, because of you I now know without a doubt that being a Mama is the very best job in the entire world.  I always knew motherhood would be amazing, but now I know that it is a true gift of God.  I adore your adorable little voice, your OCD tendencies, the way you need all your owies kissed, how you sing so loudly in the car, your goofy jokes, your excitement over a new book, your sweet sensitive nature.  My heart bursts with love when I look at you and I'm so proud and grateful to be your Mama.  It'd be okay with me if you wanted to slow down on the growing up, but I'm also excited to see you learn and grow this year.  I pray you will learn more about Jesus and his love for you this year.  As always, we love you to the moon and back, with all our hearts, and sooooooo much. 

Happy 3rd Birthday Benjamin!!!!!!!


3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...