Sunday, April 17, 2011

Another weekend gone!

These days just go by sooo quickly, especially the weekends.  Friday night was game night for our EPIC girls group complete with nachos (yes!).  We had a great time with all the girls playing Taboo and Scattegories and we had one of the ladies in our group share her testimony.  It was really brave of her to share how God has worked in her life and it lead to some really great discussions with the girls and a very clear presentation of the Gospel.  Oh, how I pray for those girls to know Jesus!!!  It was a great night but super late since I didn't get home until 11:15 which is way past my bedtime.

Saturday was a low key day spent working around the house.  We made Benjamin do his weekend chores of course!

He is obsessed with vacuums and brooms.....hey, I know how to raise em!

Peter worked on the built in bookcase which is looking amazing!  It's getting so close to being done and I'm so proud of him for his hard work.  It is definitely weird to actually see something in that "weird hole" next to the fireplace.  I painted and painted and painted some more.  I'm soooo close to being done with all the doors/trim/window sills.  My arms just ache but it's looking good even though it's not perfect.  We made a quick trip to Home Depot and tried a new yogurt place which was tasty.  I took Benjamin with me to a chili dinner/pie auction at our chuch for a missions trip some members are going on to Ecuador this summer.  Peter had a few hours to work, I had a full belly of chili, Benjamin played with his friends, and I came home with an apple pie.  A great night indeed :-)  Then I came home and yep, you guessed it.....painted some more.

Benjamin wanted to wear a hat like Daddy when we went to Home Depot
(hmmmm, do you think they look alike???)   :-)

Today was church this morning, and I snapped a quick pic before we left even though Daddy couldn't get Benjamin to smile while he was using the camera, the stinker!


We ate KFC buffet for lunch and worked some more on our projects while Benjamin napped.  We took turns entertaining the little guy and it was just a nice productive day at home.  I think we're going to put in a frozen pizza and watch an episode of Shark Tank and maybe an Undercover Boss?  Perhaps with a slice of apple pie?? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...