Friday, April 8, 2011

Full Friday!

Today was sunny!  Today was sunny!  Today was sunny!
Sorry it was just a wee bit exciting.  This rain and cloudy stuff is getting OLD.

This morning Benjamin and I ate breakfast and got ready, then headed out to run a few errands.  We went to two garage sales and I found an Elmo for him for 25 cents.  He loves it and I was super excited to find a really nice one for so cheap.  I got a few other things, then we went to the Dollar Store for a few more items.  And since it was sunny (in case you didn't already know) we went to the park.

I didn't take any pictures at the park because I forgot my camera but we were the only ones there and it was fun swinging and sliding and walking with my little guy.  There was a dog there with its teenage girl owner and she asked if Benjamin wanted to pet the dog.  I said sure, picked Benjamin up so he was resting on my hip, and then I squatted down so Benjamin could see.  The owner told the dog to "sit" and so the dog did.  ON. MY. LAP.  Okay, really?????  It was a pretty good sized dog and I'm not really a dog person so yeah, you can imagine how fun that was.  It was completely on my lap practically pushing Benjamin away from me.  Oh joy, oh bliss.  Benjamin liked the dog.....me, well, I kind of have a personal bubble when it comes to dogs :-)

Anyway, we went home and played a bit more before lunch and I knew Benjamin was getting tired...


we ate a quick lunch then I put him down for a nap, and he slept 2 hours and 40 minutes.  He woke up cranky though but was in a much better mood after 15 minutes.  Daddy came home from work but was loading up his stuff because he was heading for an overnight fishing trip with the guys from our church.  They're going to a cabin in Clear Lake near Sisters and I think they're going to have a great time despite the fact that it may be a wee bit chilly!

Tonight I took Benjamin to EPIC.  EPIC is the new name for our girls group standing for Every girl Precious In Christ.  It was Fear Factor night and there were various "gross" games for the girls.  Or at least kind of gross.....these are girls, not guys!  I didn't do any planning for this one so I just got to enjoy it all. 








The girls seemed to have had a blast!!  Benjamin not so much.  He was fussy and clingy and whiny.  Everything was just dramatic.  So he wanted to be held and well, he's not a light boy.  I'm thinking he was just tired and maybe a little overstimulated?  I'm hoping he's not getting sick.  Part of the reason he was dramatic is he gets pulled around by some of the older kiddos because they don't realize he can't do everything they can.


Poor little guy!  Guess it makes him tough right?  He did have a little bit of fun with the toys though.




I got little guy to sleep about 1/2 hour ago and now I"m going to enjoy a movie maybe with some hot chocolate and an ice cream sandwich.  I'm glad Peter's not gone every night because it'd certainly be a boring way to spend late Friday night :-)  I kinda like my goofy other half.  


He'll be home tomorrow night, but I miss him.  And I know Benjamin misses his Daddy, they are just the greatest of buddies!

Tomorrow is a luncheon for the ladies of our church where we're going to hear from two gals that are into couponing.  Couponing is all the rage these days and I've done some, but it should be interesting to hear their tips/tricks.  Should be fun :-)  Happy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...