Sunday, April 10, 2011

Quick (but long) weekend

I'm kind of sad this weekend is coming to an end!  Peter got home around 7pm on Saturday night and it was so good to have him home.  Benjamin was thrilled to see him, it was pretty cute :-)  Peter had a great time fishing with the guys even if they didn't catch anything.  I was glad he was able to get away with his friends.

Benjamin woke up super early again on Saturday so that wasn't fun.  He was good at the coupon lunch with the gals of our church even though he was all over the place.  He is such a workout!  He's not being naughty he is just constantly going all the time.  We stayed until just before 2pm and then I came home so I could put him down for a nap.  He slept a couple hours and I painted some more.  We took a really long walk after he woke up because it was about 60 degrees and mostly sunny, then we played on the front porch for awhile.  We had lightsaber fights :-)  Well, he had a lightsaber, I had a recorder from the dollar tree and we battled it out, ha!

I slept terrible last night so it was a bit of a long day but church was wonderful.  We came home and ate leftovers while Benjamin and I took a little nap, then we got ready to go out and run a few errands.  We went to Costco, then went to Blue Sky, our favorite little Chinese restaurant.  I had bought Benjamin a big ol' bag of frozen blueberries at Costco so I brought some in to the restaurant.  Oh my goodness.  He probably ate 50-60 blueberries.  It was insane!  He was just loving them because he hasn't had them since our frozen stock from last summer ran out.  He also inhaled tons and tons of chow mein noodles.  We had a great time with our little blueberry stained noodle eating crazy man.  We hit up WinCo afterward for some groceries and are crashing for the evening.  It was a nice end to the weekend and I wish we had another day.  I was supposed to go back to Idaho this week to visit with my family but details didn't align so I wasn't able to, so I'm kind of bummed.  But I know it'll only be a few weeks before I'm able to do so, so I'm looking forward to that. 

I'll wrap it up with a picture of Benjamin today wearing another shirt a sweet lady from our church gave him

I just love this sweet boy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...